React/Ruby on Rails Software Developer (Contract)
RoleFull Stack Programming
Substantial is seeking a senior/mid-level software developer to deliver high-quality and user-centric features for a client in the cannabis industry. This person will collaborate with other team members, including engagement managers and designers, and often engage in technical discussions with clients.
This opening is for a 3-4 month contract with the possibility of extension. The contract position will be remote, with an option to work from our beautiful office in Seattle, WA.
- See features from concept to delivery
- Iterate and experiment to deliver on new and existing products
- Collaborate with engineers, product owners, designers, and clients
- Work with modern tech stacks/tools, and advance our practice in software delivery
- Work on team projects in a variety of industries in a variety of technologies
Who You Are:
- Three years of experience in either Ruby on Rails or React (with a strong interest in learning the other half of the stack)
- Passionate about building software and getting better every day
- Knows and cares about sound product delivery practices like continuous delivery and automated testing
- Curious and collaborative, open to occasional pair programming and mentoring/learning from others
- Inclusive, friendly, and open-minded
- Open to working within the Pacific time zone for collaboration
- Based in the USA or Canada
Founded in 2006, Substantial is an industry-leading consulting studio recognized for an unmatched ability to deliver high-quality research and design with unparalleled technical excellence. Substantial has partnered with some of the biggest companies and most successful start-ups in the world to imagine, build and sustain business-changing products and services.
People of Color, LGBTQ+ individuals, women and members of historically marginalized populations encouraged to apply.
Substantial strives to be a diverse, inclusive and anti-racist workplace. We value diverse perspectives on our product teams and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and walks of life. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability, physical appearance, age or national origin. Racism, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, or any other form of bigotry have no place here.