Ruby on Rails Software Developer
Substantial is seeking a senior or mid-level Ruby on Rails software developer to help us deliver user-centric features for an innovative legal services company. This person will collaborate with other developers, engagement managers, designers, and clients.
A person who comes into this position with the mentality that they want to learn from experts on distributed microservices would do well. It will be a learning experience where they will be surrounded by experienced mentors on a team really into pairing and collaboration. If this sounds interesting at all, you should apply.
This opening is for a 3-4 month contract with a possible extension. It will be a fully remote position, but if desired would be welcome to work from our beautiful office in Seattle, WA.
- Drive features from concept to delivery
- Iterate and experiment to deliver on new and existing products
- Collaborate with engineers, product owners, designers, and clients
- Work with modern tech stacks/tools, and advance our practice in software delivery
- Work on team projects in a variety of technologies
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of development experience in Ruby/Rails
- Experienced with continuous delivery, automated testing, and databases
- Bonus points for experience with microservices, pub/sub, event sourcing, Kubernetes, Terraform, Azure, Eventide, or Message DB
- Passionate about software design principles, working to a high-quality standard, and improving every day
- Curious and collaborative, open to frequent pair-programming, and mentoring/learning from others
- Inclusive, friendly, and open-minded
- Open to working within the Pacific time zone for collaboration
- Based in the USA or Canada
Founded in 2006, Substantial is an industry-leading consulting studio recognized for its unmatched ability to deliver high-quality research and design with unparalleled technical excellence. Substantial has partnered with some of the biggest companies and most successful start-ups in the world to imagine, build and sustain business-changing products and services.
People of Color, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, and members of historically marginalized populations are encouraged to apply.
Substantial strives to be a diverse, inclusive, and anti-racist workplace. We value diverse perspectives on our product teams and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and walks of life. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability, physical appearance, age, or national origin. Racism, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, or any other form of bigotry have no place here.