IT Support Technician
Swytch is changing the way we move. We fundamentally believe that transport shouldn't cost the Earth - so we've made it our mission to make electric transport accessible to everybody.
Since launching in 2017 we have reached over 40,000 customers, across 50 countries who have collectively ridden over 10 million miles! Since then, we have raised over $5M to scale our operations and supercharge our product development.
Founded by Engineers and cycling enthusiasts Oliver Montague and Dmitro Khroma, Swytch is a close-knit team dedicated to creating low carbon transport solutions which are fun to use and good for the planet. We’re now growing our team to keep up with the unprecedented demand for our technology, and to help us lead the electric transport revolution: Indiegogo Campaign - https://youtu.be/RGCNW2KOtIE
The IT Team
The business is growing at a rapid rate, so is the Internal IT team. The team is currently led by the Head of IT supported by an managed IT support company based in London, providing technical support to in-house, home working and staff across the pond.
This opportunity is for an IT Support Technician to join a newly formed IT department. Working as part of Internal IT, you will be responsible for providing support for IT services ensuring they met relevant service level objectives and targets through the adoption of standard processes.
You will be reporting directly to the Head of IT and helping grow the department in supporting the growing business.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide 1st & 2nd Line remote technical support to internal staff base (55+ employees)
- Understand, log, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve technical support and service requests from staff ensuring their support demands are met to a high standard.
- Onboarding new users to the business in configuring new laptops\desktops and software.
- Repairing/upgrading hardware software
- Maintaining inventory of hardware and software
- Complete standard scheduled / maintenance tasks when required
- Assist with hardware and software procurement
- Understanding the business needs and recommending solutions to optimise workflows using IT systems.
- Consider and recommend system changes to improve efficiency, reliability, performance, security, and staff experience
- Document, implement and review processes and procedures to support IT services where required
You will have:
- Background in an IT support role
- Experience in a mixed environment (Windows and Mac), mainly Windows 10/11.
- Proficient with Microsoft O365 environment. This includes managing Emails, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive etc.
- Experience managing SaaS products i.e. Anti-Virus, Asset management etc.
- Good understanding of Azure AD, DNS
- Have used and managed Ubiquiti products
- Understand basic networking and network troubleshooting
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- A passion for IT and all things technical
- Self-motivated to deliver the required results
- Ability to work flexibly
Nice to have:
- Exposure in using Google applications (Gmail, google drive)
- Experience in migrating from a Google environment to a Microsoft
- Experience of working in a start-up environment
- A professional IT qualification
- Competitive salary between £25,000 and £35,000 per annum
- Flexible, remote working; come sit in our office in East London and enjoy a daily free lunch, or work from the comfort of your own home, anywhere in the UK.
- Open and transparent company culture giving every employee direct access to our founders and our quarterly business reviews.
- Unlimited annual leave.
- An annual program of wellbeing activities including a subsidised annual membership to a meditation app and EAP service.
- Your very own Swytch kit!
- Electric Penny Farthing Lessons.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace our differences. We aim to be diverse in our people, our thinking and our innovation. We strive to create an inclusive culture, building a company and products that are making a better world for everyone. If you want to be part of the electric transport revolution, apply now.