- Within the next decade, investing will be decentralized, democratized, and community-driven. Syndicate is building the infrastructure to enable this at scale—we're developing decentralized investing and social networking protocols, advanced legal tech solutions, and a next-gen social networking platform that empowers communities to raise, coordinate, and invest capital like never before.
- Founded in Jan 2021, we've raised over $20M from values-aligned leaders who represent a diverse array of industries and communities, including firms like Andreessen Horowitz and its Cultural Leadership Fund, IDEO CoLab Ventures, Variant, Electric Capital, and over 200 others. We've also partnered with and received investment from over 100 community partners.
- Our first product allows anyone to start an investing syndicate on the Ethereum for just the cost of gas. The typical fees to set up an investing syndicate average $12,000 which allows us to be up to 1,200x less expensive than traditional methods. We're using public blockchain technology to expand access to venture capital for entrepreneurs around the world because we believe that venture capital should be widely available rather than only accessible in a small handful of cities.
We're a Remote-First Company
- We're proud to be a globally distributed company that's remote forever. Many companies have had to adopt remote work, but you could say we were born into it. That keeps things simple and efficient—you can work from almost anywhere, without worrying about a commute, rigid schedule, or retrofitting old processes into new ways of working.
- We've built a top-notch remote culture that includes things like a home office stipend, travel reimbursement, and unlimited time off, regular in-person meetups around the world (including at least once a year where we fly the whole company out to a shared summit), and many more benefits to help you do your best work wherever you are.
- For most roles, we welcome applicants from anywhere in the world as long as the hours you choose overlap with the Pacific US timezone for meetings.
Diversity and Inclusion
- At Syndicate, we're building a fundamentally revolutionary product—one that promises to democratize finance in a way never before attempted. That starts with a diverse, inclusive, affirming, and welcoming team. We are deeply committed to these principles as a core value, and proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you're a member of an underrepresented or marginalized group, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- We're looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to architect and build systems at the intersection of our protocol and product engineering teams. You will be at the forefront of building inclusive capital allocation tools in web3 and work with a diverse, world-class team of engineers, designers, and product managers.
- We welcome applicants from anywhere in the world, but given the collaborative nature of engineering, the hours you choose must have several hours of overlap with San Francisco's and New York's time zones.
- This role will pay between $160,000-$220,000 per year.
- Own and solve challenging problems from end-to-end to create and launch products and features that customers love
- Build across the application and data stack using a variety of modern coding languages and tools (Typescript, Node.js, GraphQL, SQL databases, Solidity, among others)
- Design, build, and deploy systems using serverless architecture that interface with both the frontend and protocol
- Closely collaborate with frontend and protocol engineers, and with cross-functional partners including product managers, designers and company leadership, to ship products that consistently raise the bar
- Lead teams and mentor engineers while building a supportive team culture
- At least 5 years of experience building scalable backends in a production environment at scale
- Experience working with cloud-first backend frameworks and languages, such as Golang, Rust, or Typescript
- Experience architecting modern applications and data stacks
- Familiarity with building for, and deploying on, modern cloud services such as AWS and GCP
- Familiarity with microservice infrastructure tools, such as Kubernetes and Terraform
- You are self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments
- Superb communication, collaboration, and organizational skills
Nice to Haves:
- Experience interacting with core web3 tooling such as web3.js, Infura, and MetaMask API
- Experience building or working with real-time indexers