🇺🇸 USA Only
2 to 4 years
This is a remote position.
Systems Engineer - Security (1 year Temporary Contract ) - Remote, USA
The Systems Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day support of server administration and messaging services and handles supporting infrastructure technology implementations in Technology Support Services with a specific focus on implementing security policies and procedures. The Systems Engineer supports all Windows and Linux servers in the enterprise and works in tandem with storage engineers to provide enterprise server hosting and support. He is accountable for contributing to the overall technical architecture, stability, resiliency, and general health related to server and messaging systems; is a high-level technical contributor with knowledge and experience in the area of server administration, virtualization, cloud services, messaging, and related hardware/software. The responsibilities of this position will include supporting operational and project requirements of several security initiatives: privileged access management, audit finding remediation, file share security review, etc.
- Support of security initiatives, PAM, file share review, Stealthbits management, etc
- Standard administration and support for all Windows and Linux servers in the enterprise
- Create and implement simple to complex scripted solutions for various operational support (Powershell, VMScripting, etc.)
- Research, recommend, and implement streamlined automation processes
- Provide support operations of multi-site, multi-vendor environments
- Integrate monitoring and configuration services as appropriate, self-teaching advance skills as required (SCCM, SCOM, etc.)
- As needed, contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of:
o Virtualization solutions (Hyper-V and VMWARE)
o Unix, Linux, and Wintel Servers
o Enterprise active directory (Windows), DHCP, DNS (external and internal), Certificate Services, FTP Services, and various other MS software solutions.
o MS Exchange
- Participate in the assessment and optimization of the server systems, through systems monitoring, statistics, and daily health checks.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for various and messaging server projects according to and support of business needs goals and objectives.
- Work with the ticket queue to track support issues. Accountable for routine and critical escalated problem solving.
- Assist team members to solve problems, make innovative improvements and make decisions.
- Provide after-hours support.
- Be willing and available to travel as required.
- Be willing and available for on-call support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Degree Preferred with experience managing multiple technology projects of size and scale. Industry certifications are a plus.
- 2-4 years experience working in an enterprise infrastructure environment with knowledge of various infrastructure disciplines such as networking, F5-load balancers, SAN storage, DMZ , application virtualization (Citrix, App-V), and cloud services, such as Azure and Office 365.
- Understanding of various server technologies (Linux, Windows, Citrix, VMWARE, Hyper-V)
- Understanding of Active Directory and Windows infrastructure services.
- Experience working with or implementing PAM solutions (Privileged Access Management)
- Familiarity with various state and local audits, and with external auditors such as KPMG, and documenting/resolving audit issues
- Experience working with and/or implementing PAW desktops/laptops
- Experience working with or implementing separation of accounts for administrators
- Familiarity with various Microsoft Active Directory security and Microsoft Active Directory assessments/resolutions
Proven experience with password manager products and/or password vaults
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved