Remote Associate Creative Director, Creative Services
RoleManagement and Finance
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
Teal Media is a woman-owned and woman-led full-service creative and design agency with a conscience. We believe purposeful design can transform organizations, inspire action, and enable progress. We work with clients and nonprofit organizations who commit their lives to creating positive social change. We pour every ounce of our passion and skill into their success, because we, too, want the world to be a better place.
If you're looking to be a part of a team that is comprised of talented, mindful people who dedicate themselves to making a difference, please apply here. We look forward to hearing from you!
*Please attach or link your portfolio!
Teal Media is seeking an Associate Creative Director of Creative Services for a full-time, fully remote position.
In this role, you will manage a small design team dedicated to creative support for high-profile social impact clients tackling big challenges in health, education, climate, and social justice. You will work closely with our Director of Creative Services to raise awareness, build audiences, and increase engagement in some of the most pressing social justice issues of our time. You will set the creative vision for major creative deliverables-such as social media campaigns, microsites, brands, key reports, and videos-and oversee the work of a talented creative services design team to ensure that it meets our high quality standards, pushes us forward creatively, and fulfills the project goals.
Ideal applicants are confident leaders with experience mentoring designers and juggling competing priorities. You have a strong design aesthetic with an eye for brand consistency, unflinching attention to detail, and a willingness to roll up sleeves and help your team and clients succeed.
- Ideal Location: Remote (US residents only)
- Salary Range: $100K-$120K (pending location & experience)
What You'll Do
- Ensure that there is a unified understanding of project vision, goals, requirements, and expectations for the strategy between Art Directors and Designers at the onset of a project
- With support of Director, serve as a key driver of partner relationships and client/project satisfaction, helping ensure quality control of deliverables and smooth team collaboration with Creative Services clients.
- Oversee work produced by senior and mid designers for assigned projects. Ensure designs accomplish project goals and requirements and meet Teal quality standards. Provides hands-on support as needed (being mindful to teach rather than take over)
- Collaborate with project designers to prepare and produce deliverables for client presentations
- Establish an open, honest environment for formal and informal design critique sessions. Encourage team participation. Provide developmental feedback
- Review documentation and specifications produced by designers to ensure thoroughness and accuracy
- Direct and motivate designers in their technical, conceptual, and time-management skills
- Challenge designers to strive for excellence, sharpen skills, and exceed expectations
- Balance quality with budget and timeline limitations
- Some hands-on design work is required, but most of your time will be spent on directing, vision-setting, and reviewing deliverables
- Support the Director of Creative Services on departmental planning and processes
- Be an active part of the broader creative director group to ensure that design methodology practices, process consistency is maintained throughout Teal
Ideal Candidates Will Have
- 8+ years of design experience
- 4+ years of management experience
- Expert-level knowledge of design and business software (Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Microsoft Products, Google Apps, etc.)
- Strong experience in website design and development
- Expert-level skills in branding and visual design
- General best-practice skills in website user experience
- Strong ability to create and lead client meetings and creative presentations (strong presentation skills)
- Understanding of animation / motion graphics / video development process in order to guide an expert Designer to achieve project goals
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Command of relationship building and client account management to effectively sustain retainer agreements.
- Highly skilled with leading and inspiring a team of creative talent
- Brings passion, positivity, energy, and enthusiasm to the team
Make a positive impact on mission-driven organizations and nonprofits while working in a fun, collaborative and flexible environment. We're a nimble, close-knit group that values team work and individual contribution.
All our positions are remote (in the US), but we work to maintain a fun and engaging company culture.
- Work from home (or at the beach!)
- Professional Development Coaching
- Yearly Continuing Education Stipend
- Eligibility for quarterly bonuses
- 3 weeks of PTO and unlimited sick leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company 401(k) with match
- Flexible working hours
- Quarterly employee appreciation gifts
- Flex Fridays - a day dedicated to self-directed work. Spend time working on the things you want - whether it be honing in on your craft or taking off a few hours early for your mental wellness!
Teal Media is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing employment or advancement without discrimination because of race, color, religion creed, ancestry, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence,, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, genetic, genetic characteristics, or any other unlawful basis.
We are committed to building and supporting a culturally diverse and inclusive environment that values all team members perspectives and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from all traditionally underrepresented communities to apply!