Canada HR & Payroll Manager
RoleAll Other Remote
100% Remote I Must be based in US or Canada
About Test Double
Software is broken, and we're working hard to fix it. While the goal may seem audacious, it's what drives us. While our consultants embed remotely with client teams, our internal folks are embedded remotely within Test Double taking on interesting challenges. We are empathetic collaborators facing all kinds of situations, which means we're continually growing our ability to have an impact in the industry. We are looking for voracious learners who find ways to deliver value quickly.
Test Double provides a supportive environment where employees can have autonomy and thrive. We were 100% remote before it was fashionable, and offer 10% paid Growth Time every week. Plus, we stay connected as a wider team through weekly hangouts, coffee chats, employee resource groups and more. Many of us give back by contributing to open source, blogging or speaking, or working on our Great Causes initiative. We’re a 100% employee owned company, and our internal contributions make a real impact! We also empower people to identify problems, build consensus, and develop solutions. Sound amazing? Read on for more on the position and benefits!
Our Team Culture
We support clients in challenging situations and foster engagement on project teams. We balance pragmatism in delivery with principled quality standards. We encourage other team members, guiding them to better solutions and approaches in ways that help those team members grow.
We are open, honest and empathetic communicators, modeling that behavior with our clients and fostering a culture of interconnectedness within client teams. We establish supportive and trusting relationships with our client teams, and with our fellow double agents.
Canada HR & Payroll Manager
The primary role of the Canadian Human Resources & Payroll Manager is to own our Canadian Human Resource operations including benefits management and administration, RRSP and payroll management, compliance, onboarding, and offboarding. Currently we are co-employers with a PEO. We are discontinuing the PEO relationship to completely integrate Canadian employees. This role is expected to build and maintain the systems necessary to ensure a smooth transition and subsequent experience. This includes finding and implementing HRIS and payroll systems to manage our Canadian employees as well as taking ownership of our Canadian health and financial benefits - all while balancing employee needs and company finances. We will look to this role for guidance when it comes to Canadian policies and best practices.
The Canada HR & Payroll Manager makes certain that policies are administered in accordance with Canadian federal and provincial regulations and in a way that makes sense for our team. This role provides administrative support to the company as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance, HR benefit plan support, and data entry. The Canada HR & Payroll Manager reports directly to the Director of HR & Operations. Test Double is growing, and we will need additional HR and operations roles as we continue to scale. The person in this role will have the opportunity to help grow the company and their own capabilities under our People Success umbrella.
- Canadian Benefits Management and Administration
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Family Leave, any Province-specific benefits, etc.
- Canadian Payroll Management
- Payroll, taxes, etc.
- Canadian Compliance
- government forms and labor laws
- Onboarding and Offboarding Canadian Employees
- benefits, payroll, legal compliance
- RRSP Management & Compliance
- Business Partnership
- balance client, employee, and business needs
- champion equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives
- Advise and influence leadership and employees
- collaborate with US HR team to plan and carry out strategic initiatives and special projects
- Operations and Business Support
- Supporting leadership through operational and administrative tasks
- Entry-level financial analysis and administration
- Canadian HR, payroll, benefits and RRSP experience - experience building new HR systems for small business will be a boon to success
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with other business departments, and vendors
- Ability to lead with empathy to diplomatically deal with situations and people equitably
- Basic finance accounting skills
- Analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills with accuracy
- 25 days flexible time off (vacation and sick time)
- Schedule flexibility - 40 hours per week
- Paid holidays
- 10% Growth Time each week
- Up to 14 weeks parental leave (8 weeks at 100% of salary)
- 1 week of conference attendance (and up to $3,000 of expense)
- ESOP Employee stock ownership program - Test Double is 100% employee owned
- New computer hardware purchase every 3 years
- Co-working space reimbursement (1/2 rent up to $500 USD monthly)
- 2 week Sabbatical leave after 5th year
- 2 company-wide retreat experiences each year
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance (we pay 100% of premiums for agents and their families)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Retirement contribution match up to 3% of salary
- Life Insurance
- AD&D (Canadian-based Agents only)
Compensation: $50,000 - $60,000k USD I $63,250 - $75,900k CAD