Grant Finance and Compliance Manager
RoleManagement and Finance
The Luminos Fund, an international nonprofit bringing education opportunities to the world's most vulnerable children, seeks a Grant Finance and Compliance Manager to contribute to its rapid growth and expansion.
The Grant Finance and Compliance Manager is a cross-cutting role that will work across multiple functions and teams at Luminos, including grant management, finance, compliance, contracting, programs, and operations. The Grant Finance and Compliance Manager will sit within the Finance team at Luminos, and report to the Director of Finance and Administration.
This full-time position can be based anywhere in the GMT -5 to +3 time zones (e.g., Boston, London, Addis Ababa, etc.). It will involve a certain amount of international travel to challenging contexts in the developing world.
ABOUT THE LUMINOS FUND
The Luminos Fund (www.luminosfund.org) provides transformative education programs to thousands of out-of-school children, helping them to catch up to grade level, reintegrate into government schools, and prepare for lifelong learning. Working in partnership with community-based organizations, Luminos is scaling up its accelerated learning program to ensure all children have equal access to joyful, foundational learning, especially those shut out of education by crisis, poverty, or discrimination. To date, Luminos has helped over 172,000 secure a second chance to learn. A registered 501(c)(3) non-profit, Luminos is working in Ethiopia, Ghana, Lebanon, Liberia, and The Gambia.
Luminos is supported by a range of funding partners, including Cartier Philanthropy, Dubai Cares, Legatum, and UBS Optimus Foundation. Luminos has been recognized for its achievements globally, receiving the 2022 Klaus J. Jacobs Best Practice Prize, the Library of Congress International Literacy Award, the Lipman Family Prize, the WISE Award, and the HundrED Global Innovation Award for the last five years.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
GRANT AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Monitor and coordinate the implementation of donor agreements and subawards and ensure that financial management policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure timely and accurate interpretation and implementation of donor restrictions and requirements.
- Maximize the use of project budgets through effective allocation of expenditures across various grants.
- Maintain and enhance the grants management dashboard in Salesforce.
- Track reporting deadlines and requirements across multiple donors, countries, and projects.
- Prepare financial reports for donors, including bilateral donors and foundations.
- Ensure all Luminos financial and administrative policies are implemented with the highest levels of integrity.
- Manage contracting processes with local partners and suppliers, including conducting due diligence checks, drafting, and approving contracts, filing, and tracking required documentation, ensuring on-time grant disbursement, and reviewing and filing partner reports.
- Maintain grant documentation filing system.
- Process partner and supplier invoices in a timely manner.
- Support partners to develop and implement appropriate financial procedures and systems in support of effective project implementation.
- Manage compliance and legal processes for Luminos' local entities and in-country partners, including local labor laws, tax filing, registration, annual subsidiary board meetings, etc.
- Ensure staff and partners are in compliance with child protection, whistle-blower, and other critical risk management policies.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Advanced skills in Excel and Salesforce. Eagerness to learn new applications.
- At least five years of experience in the international development sector working with international organizations in a finance, grant management, and/or compliance capacity.
- Familiarity with donor financial compliance and reporting requirements, ideally bilateral and multilateral donors.
- Previous experience reviewing, revising, and executing contracts and legal agreements in trans-national contexts.
- Previous experience developing and enforcing compliance, financial and legal policies across multiple countries and teams in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Bookkeeping skills are an advantage.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Passion for education in marginalized communities.
- Belief and demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and values of the Luminos Fund.
- Impeccable integrity and a can-do attitude.
- Readiness to problem solve creatively on a myriad of fronts and go above and beyond to deliver optimum success.
- Natural affinity for technology and a love of data.
- Team player, with a belief in the power of positivity and appreciative inquiry.
- Passion for unlocking the very best from diverse constituents, partners, and colleagues.
- Innate sense of responsibility for delivery of quality work, even in adverse circumstances.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently in challenging international contexts, as required.
- Belief that success lies in the details.
The Luminos Fund is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved