Senior Account Manager
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleManagement and Finance
Salary Range: $80,000 - $85,000
The Marketing Practice is an agency for the new, integrated era of B2B.
We have over 500 B2B specialists globally, helping tech leaders create more sales today and better growth long term.
Our clients are some of the world’s biggest tech brands and fast-growth challenger firms. We work with them right across the funnel to deliver the type of growth that defines careers and wins awards.
Our success comes from identifying, recruiting, and developing talented people like you. A job at TMP offers the chance to build on your capabilities every day, learning from the leading specialists you’ll work alongside and through our bespoke TMP Academy training program.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Account Manager with a passion for marketing, to join our Client Marketing & Delivery team. You’ll be at the heart of everything we do for our clients, helping to deliver eye-opening marketing campaigns based on your client’s business objectives, and maintaining exceptional day-to-day client relationships.
At TMP you’ll be busy straight from the off, developing an understanding of our clients’ objectives, and ensuring campaigns are delivered consistently to brief. Building a trusting relationship with your clients and your colleagues you will help to run client campaigns providing weekly reports to your Account Director or Client Director, while guiding clients through the delivery of their programs in partnership with a Project Manager from the TMP PMO.
You are able to execute on marketing tasks within a program, or own small marketing programs, applying best practice tools and techniques where appropriate. You can critically appraise content, design and other work from a quality and meeting the brief perspective, and are able to provide material input into weekly/monthly reviews/calls.
You are an excited and committed point of contact for your client on specific campaigns. As such, you able to provide real-time updates on day to day activities, progress against tasks, and can independently develop estimates for campaigns that do not require creation of new marketing thinking.
You are mature, calm and confident in all internal communications, and confident in client communication via email and phone. This is because of your pragmatic and logical approach to work, along with your very high attention to detail. Quality of output is always at the front of your mind and you really care about delivering this for the client.
The bottom line? It’s your job to support our clients with best practice marketing solutions, guide your internal teams and Project Management colleagues to support the delivery of commercially successful work for our clients, and profitable solutions for TMP.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Regular communication via telephone, email and F2F with several client contacts to provide real-time updates on day to day activities, as well as weekly progress reports and sharing budget updates prepared in partnership with our PMO team
- Intaking new briefs in partnership with your day-to-day clients
- Supporting your Account lead on larger program opportunity intake – drafting briefs, creating presentations, collating account work examples etc.
- Reviewing and critically appraising work from within the agency (strategy, content, creative, data & analytics, digital, demand generation) to ensure that it meets the brief and is ready to share with the client
- Commercial management of individual campaigns to ensure we are on track from a delivery perspective, as well as ensuring account stability and profitability
- Monitoring and guiding more junior members of the team, delegating certain tasks, reviewing and feeding back
- Identifying opportunities for TMP to extend its scope of work within existing projects
- Experience in an agency setting. B2B is preferable
- Experience in TMP’s core service propositions – ABM, DemandGen, integrated campaign, and channel marketing preferable
- Experience managing $250-500K+ in active projects at any given time
- Evidence of working with cross-discipline teams (strategy, creative, technology, media and PM)
- Evidence of planning and organizing multiple projects to tight timescales and delivering to measurable objectives (preferably in B2B technology)
- Background in Project Management is preferable so you can demonstrate you understand how to not only conceive and sell great work but you understand how to deliver it
- Experience in managing key client and partner relationships and comfortable communicating at Manager and Director level, both internally and externally
What We Offer in Return
- Fun! Doing great marketing is important, but so is enjoying your work and hanging out with like-minded people.
- New skills The TMP Academy is our in-house e-learning platform, covering everything B2B marketing from strategy to execution.
- Growth opportunities Three of our board members – including our CEO – joined us straight from education, as did many other senior staff. The sky’s the limit for good people here.
- Celebrations we close our doors and whisk everyone away for a company away day and internal awards ceremony.
- Giving back We get VERY into our charity fundraising. The TMP Foundation’s current mission is to fund schooling for a group of girls in Cambodia, who otherwise wouldn’t have received an education.
- Work around your life We love our light & airy offices, but we believe you work better when you want to be here.
Diversity equals increased creativity, which equals better results for all. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and applications from all individuals are encouraged. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please don’t hesitate to let us know.