Content Marketing Specialist & Copywriter
RoleSales and Marketing
The Synthesis Institute is a global leader of the modern psychedelic movement, advancing scientific research, training, and education to create access to safe, legal psychedelic experiences for integrative healing and expansion.
“Our name is a tribute to our core mission; providing an integrative approach to transformative wellness synthesizing modern science with wisdom traditions.”
If you want to know more about us, click here.
The Content Marketing Specialist & Copywriter is a full-time position with responsibilities critical to our success and will serve as the key go-to person for the marketing department.
The ideal candidate is a thoughtful and seasoned copywriter with experience across email, social, and website/blog with a scientific background and 3+ years of working experience within a similar field (psychedelics, science, health, wellbeing, education). They have experience in customer-centric email and social media marketing and blog article writing. They are passionate about content and champion a variety of content formats. They also have a track record of turning scientific content into compelling, engaging, and easy-to-read communication assets that educate, inspire, and engage.
- Champion tone of voice, copywriting, and content creation across all marketing channels according to briefing and marketing objectives
- Leverage research and product content to create educational and inspirational content for various channels
- Lead the creation and maintenance of Synthesis content leveraging a mix of formats including videos, newsletters, white papers, case studies and digital articles.
- Relentlessly advocate for the customer and the experiences they have with the content you create: how they find it, how they consume it, and how they use it to make decisions
- Write and edit campaign emails, landing pages, and social copy
- Champion Synthesis’ brand voice and style throughout all channels
- Be meticulously detailed with spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Write thoughtful copy that drives inspiration, education, and action
- Develop copy guidelines and consistently execute tone of voice
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to brainstorm and finalize deliverables
-Translate scientific and technical topics into content that clearly demonstrates business value
-Ensure consistency of message across all content channels
- Collaborate closely with the research, product, and customer journey teams and set up processes to identify and distill existing content into a variety of marketing assets for multiple channels
-Craft a variety of content types - web content, newsletters, lead nurture emails, ads, infographics, blogs, case studies, video scripts, white papers, handbooks, digital articles, and social posts
- Harness research to create educational and inspirational content for different channels
- Guide content strategy for product launches to ensure consistency at every touchpoint
- Collaborate with external stakeholders such as freelance copywriters, graphic designers, and website agencies
- Maintain and streamline copy docs to ensure the team has a single source of truth
- Conduct content audits, assist in the definition of content journeys and develop resulting content strategies and insights
- Create storyboards and scripts for audiovisual content
- Develop and manage a content calendar across multiple channels: Blog, Social Media, YouTube, Email
- Optimize SEO on existing content and ensure new content pieces (landing pages, articles, etc) are SEO friendly
- Evaluate existing content and content channels and recommend ways to increase effectiveness, tone of voice, and educational and inspirational value
- Create and maintain a content data dashboard to measure impact and performance and identify opportunities for optimization and new content
- We aspire to operate with the highest integrity when it comes to safety. We acknowledge the psychological, spiritual, relational, and physical integrity of our clients and collaborators.
- We aspire to increase access to psychedelic services and inclusion, especially for underrepresented voices and marginalized communities.
- We care deeply about our home world and its biodiversity. We are devoted to reconnecting people to nature through our work with psychedelics, substances that can reveal the inherent interconnectedness of all organic life on this planet.
- We are committed to transparency at all levels of the organization and build partnerships with people who are equally devoted to changing the world through transformative business and leadership.
- We are committed to a spirit of collaboration and believe in a diverse knowledge-based society, seeking to transform extractivist practices into regenerative practices
- Scientific background and 3-5 years of working experience within a similar field
- Seasoned creative with a strong background in copywriting, content strategy, and social media strategy
- With an ability to execute according to marketing objectives, switching from persuasive direct response copywriting that drives conversions to inspiring, educational content that elevates the brand
- Passion for science, mental health, wellbeing, psychedelics, and/or education
- Good understanding of digital marketing tactics such as SEO, email marketing, social media marketing, and digital metrics/analytics
- Flexible, detail-oriented, and quickly adapts to last-minute asks and changing timelines
- Experience partnering with designers, researchers, and/or other cross-functional teams
- Basic familiarity with marketing automation tools like HubSpot
- Experience in developing and maintaining an editorial calendar
- Experience with tracking and reporting metrics, and using them to adjust marketing tactics
- Strong attention to detail that shows you care about your work
- Deadline-driven with solid time management skills
- Ability to nimbly balance brand voice and style with marketing objectives (direct response vs. inspirational/educational)
- Ability to address delicate issues with sensitivity and empathy
- Collaborative with a proactive mindset and excellent communication skills
- Personal experience with plant medicine/psychedelics ceremonies
- Experience working remotely in a start-up cross-functional team environment
Take a look at your future co-workers
Synthesis operates uniquely as a for-profit stewardship entity in a complex regulatory and operating environment. The Synthesis Institute is based in Amsterdam in The Netherlands, with our Digital Education division based in Oregon in the United States. We are accepting candidates globally and will consider those willing and able to work remotely, provided they meet the requirements of the position.
As an organization, we take our responsibility to create a just, equitable, diverse, and inclusive psychedelic future seriously. We strongly encourage individuals from historically marginalized communities (BIPOC, LGBTQ, differently abled, women, and more) to apply.
The safety of our students and expansion retreat participants is a priority. We will conduct a pre-employment screening, which includes a background check, if the role you are offered requires client interaction. We specifically look to make sure you have not committed violent crimes. If you choose to opt out of the pre-employment screening, we will not move further in the hiring process. You are welcome to discuss with us any concerns you may have.