Senior React Native Developer
RoleAll Other Remote
Join a team dedicated to creating products people love as a Remote Senior React Native Developer
We're growing and looking for an experienced Developer with significant React Native experience to join our team and help us to evolve our React Native offering.
You’ll work directly with clients on projects as a Senior React Native Developer, guiding by example with your communication and advocating for how we work as consultants, especially in difficult situations. You’ll partner closely with product managers, designers, developers, and clients to help solve problems.
You’ll deliver high-quality, well-tested software, mentor both client and thoughtbot engineering teams in software best practices, and advise on product prioritization, agile process, team culture, and communication.
During investment time, you'll contribute to the broader tech community, thoughtbot, and yourself. The majority of thoughtbot's open-source work and blog content is the result of investment time. This is a remote position on the Lift Off team, which staffs cross-functional project teams with deep expertise in new product development, that provides clients with expert product strategy, risk management, and cross-functional expertise.
thoughtbot is a fully remote company. Because we're looking for teammates who overlap with our clients' teams working hours, this is a remote position available to anyone throughout the Americas (UTC-3 through UTC-10).
We will begin reviewing applications for this role no sooner than September 23, 2022.
Salary and benefits vary by location and country. You can view the compensation and benefits for where you live at https://thoughtbot.com/jobs/compensation?department=Development&title=Senior+Developer
We believe that it is possible to continuously learn and improve the way people work while building higher-quality products that make positive contributions to the world. We work with companies in every step of the product development and maintenance process to help identify and solve problems. We lead and participate in product design sprints, build high-quality apps, and then deploy them.
We proactively work on improving diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at thoughtbot. We aim to maintain an inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive professionally, as well as have full lives outside of work. Read about our DEI efforts in the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion section of our Playbook. We acknowledge that DEI work is never done, and that we will make mistakes along the way. We are continuously working on learning, improving ourselves, and the company.
As a member of thoughtbot, you’ll be part of our distributed remote community. We’re continuously working to assure remote work is inclusive, collaborative, comfortable, and social.
Want to dig deeper? Read more about our Purpose and Values, and how we work in our Playbook.
- Senior React Native Developers at thoughtbot are able to build high-quality, test-driven cross-platform mobile applications using React Native and Typescript.
- While React Native is a must, additional experience or interest in native mobile development, such as iOS with Swift or Android with Kotlin, or web development, especially with Ruby on Rails or React, is a big plus.
- Well-qualified candidates will have in-depth experience with mobile development and related technologies, patterns, and tools. They will have knowledge of the differences in navigation and interaction design on iOS and Android and be comfortable with managing the Google Play and Apple App Store submission and review processes.
- As consultants, we work closely with our clients. Experience with a client-facing role like consulting, teaching, or business development is also valuable, but not required.
- Well-qualified candidates value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and contribute to an inclusive working and learning environment
- We especially appreciate candidates that demonstrate commitment to valuing DEI and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment. We also understand that not everyone has had the opportunity to commit to this work, and that’s okay.
- We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match 100% of the requirements. Let us know if you need any specific accommodations during the interview process.
Note- thoughtbot cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Benefits vary by location.
For US-based team members, thoughtbot pays at least 90% of the medical insurance premiums for individuals, 80% for their families for all medical plans, and 100% of the premium for employees and their families for our core dental plan and vision coverage. We cover disability insurance and basic life insurance with the opportunity to buy up. We also offer a comprehensive 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting. Team members accrue 20 paid vacation days and receive 11 paid holidays per year in addition to 10 paid sick days. New parents receive at least 6 weeks of paid parental leave, as well as the ability to take up to 6 months off.
Our team works in a relaxed and educational environment to develop excellent products for our clients. We work at a sustainable pace of 40 hours/per week. We also reserve at least 4 weeks per year for investing in ourselves, the company, and our community. Everything we do is predicated on having a great team and a culture of growth. We use the latest technologies and are always down to try new methods on both internal and client projects.
thoughtbot does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other reason prohibited by law in the provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
thoughtbot does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes not originating directly from a candidate and sent to thoughtbot or any thoughtbot’s employees, including unsolicited resumes sent to a thoughtbot mailing address or email address, are rejected. thoughtbot will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. thoughtbot considers any candidate for whom the recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume referred by the company free of any fees.