Anywhere in the World
RoleFull Stack Programming
Timescale is hiring engineers to join our team in building and expanding Promscale, an Open-Source tool for storing, analyzing, and understanding observability data. We work primarily with Golang and SQL.
You will act as one of the key engineers in designing and developing new features for Tobs (The Observability Stack for Kubernetes), the goal of this project is to seamlessly deploy our Observability stack in K8s in a matter of minutes, helping our customers to operate it.
You will be working with Golang, Prometheus, OpenTelemetry, Kubernetes, helm charts, and related open-source tools.
Timescale is an all-remote organization, with team members across 6 continents; this is a full-time position and can be located anywhere across a wide range of time zones and locations. English fluency is required, however.
- Play a core role in helping to design and develop new observability tools.
- Work on improving Tobs and help customers to adopt Promscale as their Observability stack.
- Improve infrastructure to evaluate and test Promscale.
- Work with engineers both at Promscale and the open-source community to coordinate new functionalities and deliver a product to help users understand their systems.
- Work with our users to understand their needs and ways to improve their experience.
- Provide elevated technical assistance to customers
- Be an enthusiastic and personable teammate, receiving and providing code reviews, and otherwise partnering and helping other engineers.
- Expertise building industrial-strength software (Golang).
- Passionate about building highly reliable and performant system software.
- Passionate with Observability, with a good understanding of systems like Prometheus or Jaeger, and standards like OpenTelemetry.
- Experience with infrastructure automation (e.g. experience with Helm, with setting up CI/CD)
- Experience working in the Kubernetes ecosystem or using the Kubernetes API
- Knowledge of Linux and container environments
- Experience with Postgres at scale
- Experience working with public clouds (AWS)
- Certified Kubernetes Application Developer
- Contributing in Open Source projects.
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension ("time-series data") enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce ð and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescaleð¯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us ð¤.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets ð, sweating it out during lunch ð¦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children ð¶ð½, potted plants ðª´, or four-legged creatures ð¾? You'll fit right in at Timescale!
What we're offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Premium insurance options for you and your family
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans for US based employees
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Summer Fridays off in August âï¸
- Full remote work from anywhere
- Stock options
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual education benefits
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved