Senior Payroll and Benefits Administrator
RoleAll Other Remote
TNG - Shared Services is looking for a Senior Payroll and Benefits Administrator to join our team! We are proud to be a part of the Pattison Group of companies. The Jim Pattison Group is broadly based across the automotive, media, packaging, food sales and distribution, magazine distribution, entertainment, export and financial industries and is the second-largest private company in Canada.
This position will be fully remote, and there is no requirement to be in our Kelowna office.
The person we are looking for has payroll and benefit experience, strong attention to detail, a customer-service focus and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Intermediate accounting knowledge
- Holds Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification
- Prior payroll and benefit administration experience
- High ethical standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word and Excel Skills
- Previous Experience using ADP – PCPW and Report Smith an asset
At TNG-Shared Services we operate in a dynamic Shared Services environment and our core business is to provide effective, timely and efficient accounting and back room services to organizations within the Jim Pattison Group as well as privately owned businesses. This role is responsible for performing all aspects of payroll and benefits administration on a day-to-day basis for their assigned clients ensuring a high level of accuracy and customer service.
Main tasks include:
- Prepare and input payroll and benefits into ADP
- Complete payroll remittances
- Prepare Records of Employment
- Complete payroll and related journal entries
- Complete general ledger reconciliations
- Track sickness and vacation accruals
- Complete Year-end balancing and issuance of T4's
- Ensure eligible employees receive enrollment forms for benefits and pension
- Set up and remove employees on various plans
- Reconcile and pay monthly benefit bills
- Submit pension and RSP payments
- Complete the forms required for the maintenance of pensions
- Provide benefits and pension support to employees
- Ensure compliance with Collective Agreements and the Canada Labour Code
- Budget report preparation
- Respond to employee and outside agency inquiries
- Ongoing training and development of payroll administrators
- Respond to various requests from Finance
TNG - Shared Services has a reputation for employee work-life balance, opportunities for advancement, investments in education and career growth, and a culture dedicated to its team members, local communities, and effective service delivery.
Why TNG - Shared Services?
- Competitive compensation packages, including leading health benefits (extended health care, vision care, disability insurance, dental care)
- RRSP matching
- Employee assistance programs
- Flex-time program to meet the scheduling needs of our individual team members
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee recognition programs
- Being a part of the larger Jim Pattison Group
If this opportunity sounds like something that fits your career path, please apply to this posting; we would love to talk to you! Interested applicants are encouraged to apply with a cover letter and resume.