Backend Developer (Golang)
You love to code slick and fast web apps. You take pride in products you build. We work with Golang and PostgreSQL in RESTful systems with JSON formatted payloads. Knowledge of Heroku, AWS and GraphQL is a plus.
You need to be based in Europe.
The salary is EUR 63,000 annually plus benefits listed below.
You will fit in well in our team if you are a good team player and communicator, cooperative and always approach new challenges with a critical thinking mindset. You love collaborating with people from all disciplines and make sure to look at the big picture. You will succeed in our team if you want to take ownership of your work and operate well autonomously while being part of a tight-knit team. Efficient time management as well as eagerness to learn new skills and tools are something you value.
Remote work and traveling ring your bell. A culture of freedom and flexibility makes you motivated and productive. You are a team player. Sound like you? Then, you'll fit right in!
About the team
Toggl Hire is on a mission to revolutionize the way hiring happens. We are big believers that modern day recruiting should be effortless and enjoyable. That means no more resumes or cover letters, no more endless hours screening through applications, no more interpreting past roles into current experience.
We are a fully remote team, with headquarters in Tallinn, Estonia. Our people are highly skilled, highly motivated, and most importantly, a fun, friendly bunch. We value transparency and communication, and have regular meetups all over the world!
How to apply and hiring process
Take a ~15-minute online skills test—no CVs or cover letters needed. If you’re still reading, just go ahead and give it a go!
After that if all goes well:
- A short take-home coding assignment
- Call with Jan (product manager) and Michal (engineering lead)
- Paid test week with Toggl Hire engineering team
- Freedom to choose when and where you work from.
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays.
- Several team meetups a year (expenses covered) for team-building.
- Laptop and a €2,000 budget to set up your home office.
- Reimbursement for co-working space rent or internet service at home.
- Opportunities to attend trainings, workshops or conferences.
- €2,000 budget for gym membership, massage and other things to improve your health.
- Support for buying eyeglasses or tools you need for doing your best work.