Data Science Software Engineer
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
At Turquoise Health, we're making healthcare pricing simpler, more transparent, and lower cost for everyone. Have you or a family member ever gotten an MRI, a lab, or even a straightforward surgery without knowing the cost in advance? That's bonkers, right? We're working to fix that.
We’ve already launched our consumer-facing website that allows anyone to search and compare hospital insurance rates; something once impossible. Now, we're rolling out a suite of new products for providers, payers, employers, and patients to clean up the healthcare transaction. We want to change how the industry works from the inside out.
We're a Series A startup backed by top VCs a16z, Box Group, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Tiger Global. Most importantly, we're a multi-talented group of folks (moonlighting as authors, bass players, improv instructors, chefs, linguists, and trivia buffs) with a passion for improving healthcare. We're eager to find ambitious and well-rounded teammates to join us on this mission.
We’re looking for a driven, entrepreneurial candidate that's motivated to revamp healthcare's broken payment infrastructure. We value creative, outside-the-box thinkers that back their ideas with revenue cycle expertise, technical knowledge and action. This role will be a key support function for new product lines and inform product development and feature releases.
- Create data pipelines and connect new data sources (claims, contract rates and demographics data, eg) to empower internal and external clients with new data features
- Work closely with Product to conceptualize, prototype, and build new data products
- Apply evolving industry standard data science techniques and toolkits to your analyses and communicate results via reports and visualizations
- Provide client technical support as needed for our price transparency data products
- Draft internal and external technical documentation
- Fluidly meet the sporadic daily tasks of a small, growing startup
- Help build out the rest of the data team at Turquoise
- 2+ years demonstrated experience developing custom data models and pipelines, and distributing them in digestible end products
- Previous experience working with a technical team and contributing code to a production environment
- Demonstrated fluency in Python and SQL
- Revenue cycle, healthcare payments, and/or medical billing experience is a plus (but not required)
- Entrepreneurial mindset: you prioritize tasks with an eye for evolving business needs. You can problem solve independently
- Ability to expertly communicate technical details in simple terms to clients and internal stakeholders
- Team player with zero ego
- Ability to work effectively in a remote environment
- Bachelor’s degree, OR equivalent experience/knowledge. We are happy to work with strong candidates with non-traditional educational backgrounds
- Stellar Health Care Plan options (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K + Matching
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Work From Home + Paid Remote Co-working Weeks
- Stock Option Plan
- Monthly Wellness Benefit
- Annual Learning & Development Benefit
- Company-provided equipment (Laptop, Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor)
Turquoise Health is a fully remote company based in the US. Our founding team is located in California (San Diego) and London. We work with team members and contractors in the US and around the world, but we operate on US business hours and work with clients entirely based in the US.
For this role, we are seeking US-based candidates.