RoleManagement and Finance
Whether it's modeling and forecasting, or cross-functional cooperation and assistance, Turquoise Health's first Finance Manager will scale finance function and strategy. For this remote job, we are looking for a Finance Manager with an entrepreneurial, inquisitive mind. You’ll have a knack for being five steps ahead of the game and a keen ability to explain complex financial topics to stakeholders. We’re looking for someone who isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves. Ready to help us make healthcare transparent for everyone?
Below is a list of ideal qualifications for the Finance Manager. Don't meet every single one of them? That's okay! Studies show that members of underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for a position unless they meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We encourage everyone to apply for all open roles. Building a truly diverse team is a challenge that we do not shy away from. Healthcare affects all people differently, but it significantly affects those in underserved communities. With a robust, diverse team, we are stronger and better equipped to change the future of healthcare for all.
As Finance Manager, you'll…
Most of the time:
- Oversee finance functions (accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting, financial risk management, tax, etc.) either personally or outsourced. You'll ensure a high level of financial accuracy and good business practices
- Manage the financial planning and analysis of the business. Create optimized models with high accuracy in net burn projection to inform business decisions. As Financial Manager, you'll give the leadership team more confidence to invest while continuing to be responsible with runway
- Produce financial reports and build workflows for monthly leadership reporting and quarterly board reporting. Develop nimble financial processes and long-term financial tracking methods
Some of the time:
- Manage the production of budgets and forecasts
- Be a shared resource for leadership and other departments. You will provide financial analyses for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Every now and then:
- Make recommendations on revenue drivers and potentials for cost-cutting
What you bring to the Finance Manager role:
- 4+ years of finance management experience at a mix of top accounting/banking firms and SaaS startups
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws, and best practices
- Adept financial models and forecasts. You live for a good spreadsheet analysis!
- An ability to quickly learn the business's revenue and cost drivers
- An analytical mind with strong strategic ability and excellent organizational and communication skills
- A knack for making thoughtful, actionable recommendations and quickly building consensus with senior-level internal and external stakeholders
- Communication and collaboration skills across seniority levels and functions. This is a MUST for remote workers at Turquoise Health
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/knowledge. We are happy to work with strong candidates with non-traditional educational backgrounds
- Competitive pay with equity options
- Stellar health care plan options (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K + 4% Matching
- Fully remote + $750 WFH stipend + paid quarterly remote co-working weeks
- Monthly health and wellness benefit
- Generous family leave
- Annual $1200 Learning & Development Benefit
About Turquoise Health
At Turquoise, we're making healthcare pricing simpler, more transparent, and lower cost for everyone. Have you or a family member ever gotten an MRI, a lab, or even a straightforward surgery without knowing the cost in advance? That's bonkers, right? We're working to fix that.
We're a Series A startup backed by top VCs a16z, Box Group, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Tiger Global. Most importantly, we're an accomplished group of folks (moonlighting as authors, bass players, improv instructors, chefs, linguists, and trivia buffs) with a passion for improving healthcare. We're eager to find ambitious and well-rounded teammates to join us on this mission.
Turquoise Health is a fully remote company based in the US. We operate during US business hours and work with clients based in the US.
For this role, we are seeking US-based candidates.