Product Manager - Consumer
🇺🇸 USA Only
At Turquoise, we're making healthcare pricing simpler, more transparent, and lower cost for everyone. Have you or a family member ever gotten an MRI, a lab, or even a straightforward surgery without knowing the cost in advance? That's bonkers, right? We're working to fix that.
We’ve already launched our consumer-facing website that allows anyone to search and compare hospital insurance rates; something once impossible. Now, we're rolling out a suite of new products for providers, payers, employers, and patients to clean up the healthcare transaction. We want to change how the industry works from the inside out.
We're a Series A startup backed by top VCs a16z, Box Group, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Tiger Global. Most importantly, we're a multi-talented group of folks (moonlighting as authors, bass players, improv instructors, chefs, linguists, and trivia buffs) with a passion for improving healthcare. We're eager to find ambitious and well-rounded teammates to join us on this mission.
As a Product Manager - Consumer, you will work at the vanguard of the behavior shift in how we shop for healthcare. You will improve the public offerings on the Turquoise website, our white-label storefront interfaces, and devise new ways to add valuable pricing data to the public domain.
You are business minded. You can prioritize in situations where time and resources are scarce, and you excel at pitching a business case for investing time and attention to a particular product focus. Once you’ve charted a course, you dive into details and meticulously roll out low fidelity prototypes all the way through high fidelity functional requirements. You are comfortable with iteration, and you naturally operate with a sense of urgency.
Along with product leadership, you cultivate a product-oriented culture. You create async and live methods for the rest of the company to stay attuned to product decisions and rollouts. You cultivate a relationship with design and engineering that is collaborative and receptive of input. You have strong opinions, weakly held; it’s a startup after all, and things change quickly!
While healthcare industry experience is not required for this role, experience within a consumer tech company is preferred. You are comfortable diving deep into a complex industry and learning the subject matter quickly. Most importantly, you are mission-driven and (like the rest of us) are dead set on simplifying pricing and payments in healthcare.
- Design and implement public website product strategies consistent with company vision
- Rapidly prototype low fidelity proofs of concept for payment products at Turquoise. Define experiments to test assumptions and iterate
- Define functional requirements for public website features in consult with design and engineering
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule, and communicate the schedule across the company
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Educate and collaborate with cross functional teams like sales, customer success, partnerships and legal
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Work closely with leadership, marketing and sales to implement a go-to-market strategy for products and features
- 2+ years of experience working in product within consumer tech, or equivalent demonstrated aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to create low fidelity mockups and wireframes
- Demonstrated experience testing product hypotheses with prototypes and experiments
- Ability to communicate complex technical product concepts to a non-technical audience
- Comfort articulating, researching, and estimating ROI for product decisions
- Technical fluency in communicating with designers and engineers, with a solid intuition for technical effort requirements
- Drive to work in an fast-paced, amorphous early-stage environment where decisions are often made with imperfect information
- Stellar Health Care Plan options (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Unlimited Time Off
- 401K + Matching
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Work From Home + Paid Remote Co-working Weeks
- Stock Option Plan
- Monthly Wellness Benefit
- Annual Learning & Development Benefit
- Company-provided equipment (Laptop, Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor)
Turquoise Health is a fully remote company based in the US. Our founding team is located in California (San Diego) and London. We work with team members and contractors in the US and around the world, but we operate on US business hours and work with clients entirely based in the US.
For this role, we are seeking US-based candidates