3 to 5 years
Why you should join TVS Digital
⚓️ Stable company with a strong employer brand
🎯 Mission-driven, customer centric organisation
🧑🏫 Training and mentorship to learn from best in class talent
💰 Competitive salary and Performance bonus
🏡 🖥️ Remote friendly work culture
About the role
We are looking to hire a passionate, hard-working and capable individual to join TVS digital for the role of a Data Engineer operating in Fintech and Automotive domain.
You will report to experienced Data Science & Engineering lead, who will mentor you through the entire product development lifecycle and build of complex data pipelines. You will collaborate with the full breadth of the diverse TVS Digital team, including technical / non-technical team members, partners and clients, in order to understand their expectations and requirements and build futuristic Data driven solutions.
You will need to develop a strong working understanding of our products, development processes and capabilities. You will have the aptitude to manage and contribute to multiple workstreams while being outcome oriented.
Experience in a similar data engineering role would be beneficial. We are looking for aptitude, enthusiasm and resourcefulness with a strong desire to learn and contribute within a start-up-like environment.
- Design, implement and support an analytical data platform solutions for data driven decisions and insights
- Design data schema and operate internal data warehouses & SQL/NOSQL database systems
- Work on different data model designs, architecture, implementation, discussions and optimizations
- Work on different AWS technologies such as S3, RedShift, Lambda, Glue, etc.. and Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies
- Interface with other teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS big data technologies like EMR, RedShift, Elastic Search etc.
- Assemble large and complex datasets to generate business insights to enable data driven decision making
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Document end to end process in a presentable format
- 3-5 yrs. experience with building large Data pipelines
- Deep understanding of RDBMS, Big Data, NOSQL, ETL and Data-warehousing concepts
- Experience using Python/Pyspark and SQL is mandatory
- Hands on Experience with AWS technologies like Amazon S3, EMR, Amazon RDS, Amazon Redshift etc. is preferred
- Knowledge of cloud services such as AWS and Azure is preferred
- MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint skills
- Passion to build unique and disruptive solutions in Finance/Automotive markets.
- Curiosity and learning oriented mindset for newer technologies
- Collaborative mentality and solid team player
- Taking individual leadership and showing strong ownership of key deliverables
- Organisational skills and the ability to operate in a rational, and systematic way
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- An analytical but pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- The ability to thrive in ambiguous situations
- Empathy for end-users, customers and teammates
- Sound decision making and an understanding of how to share your thought process with others
About TVS Digital
TVS Digital is a digital technology start-up headquartered in Singapore focused on the Automotive and Fintech industries with portfolios and offerings in the Connected Factory, Credit Services and Fleet Management domain. TVS Digital’s mission is to build & deliver high quality software solutions to help address real life business challenges of global companies in these domains by harnessing the power of Analytics, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Augmented Reality (AR), Internet of Things (IoT), Machine Learning (ML) and Virtual reality (VR). Our strategy is to leverage inorganic and organic means for the initial build out and subsequent expansion and growth. TVS Digital represents the digital business arm of TVS Motor company Limited and has currently invested in several early stage High tech start-ups globally in areas of connected manufacturing, fleet management and credit services. TVS Digital aims to build a platform team to deliver on this mission and we are looking for energetic, innovative & diverse talent based in Singapore and India.