Machine Learning Engineer
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with a conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.
Who We Are: Discovery is committed to building geographically distributed teams, and we welcome applicants across the US/Canada to apply.
Twitter's Discovery teams are dedicated to getting the majority of the world to converse in public using Twitter. We are composed of many teams across the company, including Product, Engineering, Design, and Research. These teams are responsible for understanding the needs of new users and users who are not very active and help them discover the value of Twitter by building personalized products.
This mission is to instantly connect people with conversations and audiences most meaningful to them. Realizing this goal involves work in areas such as machine learning, applied data science, recommendation systems, and information retrieval systems. Do you want to make a huge impact while working with large data sets at Twitter scale and driving the company’s topline metrics? If so, a Discovery team is a good fit for you!
We are hiring ML engineers across various levels (MLE II, Sr. MLE, and Staff MLE).
What You’ll Do: You'll work with a team of world-class machine learning and software engineers, product managers, data scientists, researchers, and designers to build experiences powered by large-scale recommender systems. This includes:
- Collaborating with cross-functional partners to come up with roadmaps for Machine Learning driven products for the team.
- Working with product engineers to identify product metrics that causally impact business metrics.
- Applying data mining, machine learning, and/or graph analysis techniques to a variety of modeling, relevance, and recommendation problems to build production-quality solutions that balance complexity and performance.
- Participating in the engineering life-cycle at Twitter, including designing high-quality ML infrastructure and data pipelines, writing production code, conducting code reviews, and working alongside our infrastructure and reliability teams.
- (For Sr. and Staff MLE) Mentoring other engineers on the team and up-level them on applied product ML skills.
Although you will work on groundbreaking problems, this position is not a research position.
Who You Are:
- You have strong product understanding and an intuition for how to use modeling to address product needs.
- You are not only comfortable with ambiguity but view it as an opening to quickly explore a multitude of options.
- You can apply advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to model user behavior, build benchmark metrics, and drive causal impact using A/B testing.
- You can take on complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persist towards a good solution.
- (For Sr. and Staff MLE) You have experience collaborating across cross-functional teams including analytics, product management, and operations.
- (For Sr. and Staff MLE) You have helped teams come up with roadmaps, prioritize projects based on data, and drive execution.
- (For Sr. and Staff MLE) You have mentored/coached engineers that apply ML to solve product problems.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science (or related field) with relevant industry experience
- Experience with one or more of the following: deep learning, reinforcement learning, classification, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, targeting systems, ranking systems, or similar.
- Experience with data pipelines and large-scale data stores.
- Firm grasp of CS fundamentals, Data structures, and algorithms
- Experience handling large scale quantitative customer data to solve problems and answer questions.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Notice (Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act)
The expected salary range for this role to be performed in Colorado is USD$191,000.00 - USD$267,000.00. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for participation in Twitter’s Performance Bonus Plan and Equity Incentive Plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Twitter offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, sick time, and parental leave. Twitter's benefits prioritize employee wellness and progressive support to our diverse workforce.