🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleManagement and Finance
THE ORGANIZATION- UNIcycle Business Consulting is hiring for a local non-profit organization.
Book Trust is a national early literacy 501(c)3 organization founded twenty years ago with the mission to engage every child in book choice and ownership, cultivating literacy-rich communities. Our vision is that every child, especially children from underserved communities, has access to books and discovers the joy and power of reading. Book Trust acts as an equity game changer, bridging the opportunity gap in order for students to choose books of interest and become life-long learners. Now more than ever, Book Trust home libraries serve as a learning safety net as our nation’s education system copes with school closures and distance learning. We partner with Scholastic Book Clubs, School Districts, and Teachers to deliver our program to students and families in 17 states across the country.
The Systems Manager is a member of the Book Trust Program Team and responsible for oversight of our CRM, teacher customer service database and data management. This role will also be responsible for analyzing department metrics using internal dashboards and an API, along with other reporting tools. The position will also lead a due diligence and procurement process to choose the next generation of technology platforms and work in tandem with Book Trust technology consultants to support strategic growth in this area.
- Leads due diligence and inquiry process for new CRM, including proposal review and recommendation process for board with data migration and cost effectiveness in mind.
- Oversees implementation of the CRM system in collaboration with vendors.
- Plan, install, and monitor software and hardware to meet overall information technology needs.
- Ensure information and systems security along with implementation of new technologies as needed.
- Manages relationships with Book Trust partners who are involved in systems and data infrastructure including: Scholastic, T4BI (developer of Dashboard, Book Trust’s custom web-based application) and new CRM going forward – including internal programs utilized by Programs, Development, Finance and Operations.
- Develops a standard operating procedure manual for all data processes, systems and continues to update records as systems evolve.
- Support data sharing agreements and other tasks to support evaluation of Book Trust program impact.
- Works with Book Trust partners to ensure consistent and reliable data. Ensures data quality for all data coming into and out of Book Trust platforms.
- Provide customer insights via data analysis. Responsible for developing new and innovative ways of visualizing data, including working with software developers to update reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required, minimum of 2 years experience.
- Strong proficiency with software programs including CRM (Salesforce) and Business Intelligence (e.g. Tableau). Experience with Excel a plus.
- Demonstrates a passion for the organization’s mission.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented focus.
- An effective and open communicator, with high-level oral and writing skills.
- A sense of humor and ability to work collaboratively in a remote team environment.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and sustaining collaborative working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to organize workload, maintain several projects of equal priority at once, and sustain productivity and accuracy under pressure.
- Understanding of working with and maintaining confidential information.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts for success.
- Professional and mature demeanor with strong ethical standards and ability to adapt to change.
- A collaborative remote work environment and the opportunity to make an impact in the education and nonprofit sectors.
- A wide range of benefits, including:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance + Long-Term Disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan
- Flex Fridays
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Technology Stipend