Mobile QA Engineer
RoleAll Other Remote
The Bit About Urbantz
At Urbantz, we help the world's largest retail, grocery, e-commerce, and logistics companies love their last mile with a smarter, greener approach to delivery management. Our SaaS platform was built specifically for enterprises to help them cut through the complexity of multi-fleet operations and drive greater sustainability in the final mile at any scale.
More than 100 brands enjoy the clarity and control to cut their CO2 emissions, allocate smartly across carriers, build unique workflows and ensure on-brand delivery experiences for recipients with Urbantz.
Since our inception in 2015, we've enjoyed phenomenal growth across Europe, the Middle East, and beyond. In 2020, Deloitte ranked us third in its annual Technology Fast 50 list.
Every day, hundreds of drivers depend on Urbantz to do their work and thousands of people count on their orders arriving in a timely manner. Our engineering team is moving fast to build solutions to answer the needs of our customers.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you protect the quality of one or more key components within our application to make sure our customers have a great experience using the application on a daily base. We may move fast, but we prefer not to break things. You
- You actively participate in the refinement sessions for new features or improvements to existing ones. You get rid of ambiguity by asking clear questions and making sure the requirements are crystal clear.
- You document the outcome of that meetings by writing clear acceptance criteria so everybody is aligned on what customers can expect from the feature.
- Together with the engineering team, you make sure the features are covered by automated tests where possible.
- While you trust the work of your team, you'll still go over the implementation to see if there are any defects and report them back to the team.
- You keep an eye on our automated tests to spot regression issues and coördinate fixing them together with the team.
- When bugs come in via our CSM team, you try to reproduce them and make sure the team has all the information needed to find the root cause and fix the bug. You push them to make sure the bug can't pop up again in the future by introducing additional tests.
- You frequently check in with your QA colleagues to share knowledge and experiences, and to suggest ways to improve the existing processes or tooling.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in software testing, ideally in an agile environment.
- Experience in testing mobile applications on both Android and iOS
- You speak many languages: the language of the customer, the language of our support team, and the language of our engineering team.
- Most of all, you speak - and write - English, fluently.
- You understand testing can happen at many levels and can come up with a test plan across these levels.
- Hands-on experience in defect reporting and tracking.
- You are a great writer. Concise and clear, with no room for interpretation.
- You know how to test API endpoints using a tool like Postman or Insomnia.
The Great to Haves
- Worked on a product of a similar scale or in a similar domain.
- Set up a CI pipeline and configured new tooling for test automation.
- Hands-on experience with a test automation framework for Mobile testing.
- Work where you choose: our fancy offices in the center of Brussels, your spare bedroom, a cabin in the woods… you decide
- Autonomy to define and navigate your own path to success.
- A competitive salary, the right tools and a range of fringe benefits depending on your country location.
- An incredibly diverse international team and a company culture that encourages freedom, creativity, and collaboration.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise through training, workshops and conferences
- Team meetups in Brussels (when it's safe to do so), an annual offsite somewhere sunny