QA Tester, Senior
RoleAll Other Remote
This is a 100% fully remote role. Work virtually from anywhere in Mexico.
Varis is a well-funded and fast-growing technology startup that focuses on digital commerce software-as-a-service and procurement and is owned by The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ: ODP). We are innovation driven, customer centric, and ready to transform eProcurement and business-to-business (B2B) Marketplaces. Our culture is focused on a bold vision, launching the simplest (yet still valuable) solutions to learn, then either failing or scaling fast as we iterate towards our product goals.
Joining us now is a ground-floor opportunity to shape our limitless future. You will see and feel the direct impact of your work, be surrounded by passionate people, learn how to be an entrepreneur, and be at the center of a highly dynamic business model with tremendous individual and collective potential.
Job ID: 10058
Top quickly apply, send your resume here: email@example.com
The Senior Quality Assurance (QA) role helps drive and lead QA strategy across a program, builds test plans and cases, and runs the test plans down to tactical execution levels. This role provides guidance and oversight to ensure QA teams can successfully develop, test, and maintain functional test suites for one of the eCommerce, Web based, and Client Server applications. This role is a thought leader for the testing team, especially in areas such as functional quality assurance and continuous delivery integration to deliver a quality software product in a cost-effective manner. This role possesses solid Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) knowledge.
- Create, manage, execute test cases. Update status in qTest (test management tool) and provide status to stakeholders.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met. Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers.
- Improve QA processes and create additional utilities to optimize the test suite.
- Work independently with multiple Scrum teams.
Education & Experience:
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent; or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 year experience in related field
- Must have strong expertise in QA, Agile Methodology, CICD, eCommerce
- SQL, QA tools like qTest, JIRA
Skills and Ability:
- 5+ years of IT experience
- 5+ years of experience in testing eCommerce applications
- Strong leadership and mentoring qualities
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans, and procedures (manual and automated)
- Good knowledge of SDLC processes
- Good knowledge of Agile methodology
- Able to create, review, and execute test cases based on the requirements
- Very good communication skills and able to lead others
- Experience with API testing using postman or eclipse
- Understanding of Oracle service contracts
- Basic knowledge of HTML for inspect element
- Ability to write SQL
- Able to work independently with different scrum teams
- Experience using QA tools like qTest, JIRA, etc.
- Experience working with onsite offshore teams
- Should have strong self-motivation to learn and develop skills to keep up with the industry trends in QA
- Polished communication skills, collaboration skills, presentation skills and technical leadership skills
- Experience with automation and performance testing
- Adobe CMS tool
- M-site and Mobile apps testing knowledge.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all required responsibilities and skills. Other duties and special projects may be assigned per business needs. Job descriptions are subject to change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% remote work in Mexico
- Christmas bonus
- Vacation and personal days
- Vacation bonus
- Profit sharing
- Life insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Savings fund
- Food vouchers
- Telework allowance
Varis is wholly owned by The ODP Corporation, which is the legal employer of Varis associates.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved