Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
RoleAll Other Remote
Vasion is looking for a talented Software Development Engineer in Test to join our growing global team. With offices located in St. George, Utah and Lehi, Utah, and the ability to work remotely across the United States, Vasion offers a flexible work environment.
As an SDET you will be helping to design and develop testing suites, test libraries, automation test frameworks, and automated tests for our next-generation SaaS and on-premise testing solutions. We are a small and agile engineering team, with lots of opportunity to do a variety of work and grow alongside great team members. We value hard work, upfront communication, resourceful attitude and a desire to have fun. An SDET should have a passion for testing, development, and designing.
Our Core Values:
- Action Owners, with key learnings drawn from Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
- Truth Seekers, illustrated in Radical Candor by Kim Scott
- Relationship Builders, as detailed in Leadership and Self-deception by The Arbinger Institute
- Storytellers, guided by ideas from Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen by Donald Miller
- Design test plans to identify test automation scope and perform ad-hoc/exploratory feature testing with Cypress, Selenium, NodeJS and Go test automation in mind.
- Experience with standard QA tools and practices, such as functional API testing, integration testing, UI functionality and usability testing, with a passion for automation.
- Competency in database technology – relational and non-relational databases
- Review acceptance criteria for the user stories & ensure required test coverage
- Collaborate with the Development team members to develop test automation strategy and to implement automation that is reliable and efficient.
- Own defect management lifecycle
- Willingness to fix bugs in code wherever and whenever possible
- Experience developing software using IDEs in a Linux, Mac and/or Windows environment
- Experience working with version control software (e.g., GitHub, Azure DevOps) and issue/project tracking software (e.g., Jira)
- Experience working with software development/debugging tools (e.g., Postman, curl, Chrome dev tools)
- Familiarity with Agile SW development process
- Knowledge of DevSecOps
- Rigorous regression testing methods
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to estimate effort and size of features
- Must be flexible and able to learn new languages and technologies quickly
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) (Preferred)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Perform other duties, as needed
- Software Development Engineer in Test/QA Engineering: 2 years
- Test automation developer tools: 1 year
- Experience with API Testing
- Version Control Software: 1 year
- Golang: 1 year
- Mobile, Android and IOS, Test Automation: 1 year
- Experience with Performance Testing
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans with company contributions (HDHP, PPO)
- Generous flexible time off program
- Company HSA contribution
- 401k matching
- Life Insurance/Long Term Disability
- Market-based compensation based on experience, skill level, and personal abilities
- Rapidly growing tech company with family-oriented work atmosphere
- Scaling organization allowing for numerous career paths and opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Vasion is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.