🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
Very is a fully-distributed IoT engineering firm, partnering with our clients to build systems for smart manufacturing, smart energy & utilities, consumer electronics, and connected wellness. Learn more at verypossible.com
Why Work at Very?
The health, happiness, and long-term career growth of our team are a top priority. What does that mean in practice? We give stipends for internet and telephone. We offer up to 21 weeks of maternity leave, 12 weeks of paternity leave, and 12 weeks for adoption or surrogacy. We have a $1,000 office stipend that allows you to make your battle station somewhere you’re excited to work. Each employee gets a professional development stipend to use on conference registration, continuing education, professional memberships, etc... We're a remote-first company, so you can work where you want (in a hammock on the beach, anyone?). But a healthy company culture isn't just about perks. It's about creating an environment where our employees can lead fulfilling lives, both at work and at home. Working overtime for extended periods indicates a fundamental failure in planning or communication. If this happens at Very, it’s a sign that something needs to be reevaluated and corrected. If you’re looking around wondering why people aren’t in “crunch mode,” the answer’s pretty simple. The thing we work hardest at is hiring good people, so we want them to stick around and have a good balance between work and the rest of the important stuff in life.
About This Role
As an Enterprise Account Executive, you will work with medium to large brands to develop and deliver a strategy for their high-impact IoT product ideas. You will work with engineers and designers across our four practice areas to create custom solutions that win for our clients and us. After the initial close, you will work with Account Management on a smooth transition for the client’s support and identify the expansion opportunities.
This role is for highly-experienced Senior/Enterprise Account Executives who know how to manage complex deals and close them effectively.
Here are the typical qualifications we look for in a Senior/Enterprise Account Executive:
- 6+ years successfully closing B2B deals in the enterprise
- Understanding of the IoT space and ability to brainstorm, strategize, and design high-level solutions to complex client problems
- A track record of meeting and exceeding monthly or quarterly sales targets
- Exemplary presentation skills, both in-person and digitally that are articulate and informed
- Experience with Salesforce
- History of learning complex technical hardware and software systems
If you’re a strategic thinker who wants to join a growing, profitable tech company in a role that:
- Closes impactful and profitable deals (>$500K)
- Works with clients at large, recognizable companies
- Designs strategic & custom deals
- Utilizes strong financial acumen to measure and deliver optimized results
What You’ll Be Working On
Very is first and foremost an IoT Product Design and Development firm. We tackle hard problems for clients who need a targeted, senior team to come in and provide specific solutions. We address the IoT space through our four practice areas: Hardware, Software, UI/UX, and Data Science. Our projects in this domain have ranged from data acquisition and alerting for industrial power systems to automated self-pour beer taps. Therefore, an acute and adaptive ability to understand the client's needs and tie that back to Very’s capabilities is required.
As an Account Executive, some of your accountabilities will be, but are not limited to:
- Aligning to client’s needs and applying strategic thinking with a consultative sales approach to win deals that have long term growth potential
- In partnership with Client Solutions, coalesce clients expressed needs with the Delivery Team & Product Managers at Very
- Managing the deals effectively and efficiently through the qualification process
- Hitting quarterly financial metrics with attention to profitable growth*Ownership of the commercial terms of deals
- Managing a multi-step sales process for certain clients that begins with a discovery phase or “Technical Design Sprints” and is followed by development or a “Build” contract close
- In collaboration with the AM team, seeking new opportunities within the larger organization, parent company or subsidiaries to assist with the sales qualification process
- Securing referrals from client stakeholders, CTOs or executives
- Getting introductions to partner companies, SaaS platforms integrated with the project, and other agencies connected to the project
- You’ll be expected to be on the road meeting with clients. This will adjust to the number of clients you have in your pipeline but expect a couple of client visits per month within North America to support a successful outcome. You’ll have a generous Travel & Entertainment budget to do so.
Your lead flow will come from multiple sources. Our marketing team is outstanding at their jobs and high-quality inbound leads will be generated through their demand generation. We have an SDR that generates outbound leads. Client and employee referrals are other sources of high-quality leads. Finally, you will be responsible for generating your own outbound leads that align with our lead qualification attributes. Your job will be to take those leads, build a relationship with multiple points of contact, and build a custom deal for each unique project.
How You’ll Be Compensated
We believe in a transparent, fair compensation structure and have developed our own open salary formula.
We also offer world-class perks including:
- Fantastic healthcare coverage ($0 out of pocket for most employee premiums)
- 50% 401K match (Very contributes $1 for every $2 you contribute to your 401k as of 1/1/22)
- $250/mo towards cell phone/internet
- $1000/yr towards home office buildout & upgrades
- A generous maternity/paternity leave policy
In Summary, if you are seeking a high-impact role you have proven performance delivering to close deals with amazing clients while working at a technology services company that authentically values its team members, this is the job for you.