FP&A Senior Manager
RoleManagement and Finance
Note: This job is remote #LI-Remote but if you’re not located in the region mentioned in the post’s title, do not continue. Your application won’t be reviewed. Please apply to the job posting for your country/region of residence.
If you’re in Brazil, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Cuba, El Salvador, Haiti, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, or Venezuela, we’re sorry but we can’t consider your application at this moment.
***To be considered for this position, resumes must be sent in English***
Interviewing for a new company is a serious time commitment for all parties involved. Please take the time to read this and thoughtfully consider if we would be a good fit for one another. No contractors or agencies. Seriously.
What You’ll Be Working On
With dozens of projects a year and team members spread across 16 different US states and 6 countries, there is an enormous amount of work done behind the scenes to ensure the company operates smoothly and efficiently. This is a rare opportunity to impact a fast-growing, high-potential business, with high visibility into all the business. The FP&A lead will be a key leader in the finance organization, providing insight, intelligence, and strategic support to senior leaders across the business’ functional areas.
What you'll do:
- Own and continue to build out the companywide financial planning function
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A processes, including management reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, and scenario planning.
- Lead key strategic and financial analyses to support high-impact decisions (e.g. unit economics, headcount planning, etc.).
- Prepare and deliver financial business reviews to the leadership team.
- Advance the company’s understanding of key financial drivers of our business and own tracking and optimization of all related KPIsServe as a cross-functional thought partner, and execution partner to leads of Delivery, Operations, HR, Sales, and Marketing.
- Choose, roll-out, and own a planning and reporting system like Adaptive Insights Report directly to the CFO and build your team as appropriate.
A strong candidate has:
- 8+ years of experience in finance with 6+ years focused on FP&A
- A background in FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking, consulting, and/or PE
- Deep understanding of financial modeling with a strong understanding of GAAP or IFRSExperience in a high-growth company with an ability to function at a mid-level in business strategy conversations but also willing to dive into the weeds and operate hands-on
- Experience leading high-impact projects cross-functionally and building out processes
- Able to develop and present (via presentations, dashboards, etc.) complex issues in a digestible and compelling manner
- Build and maintain strong, cross-functional relationships with senior leadership and become a trusted business partner by adding value to their business operations through insight and ideas for enhancing their business
- You are a self-starter who can quickly respond to problems independently, consider all stakeholder needs, and thrive in ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Educational background must include a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or Industrial engineering
- Ideal candidate will also have a specialization or masters in finance
- Advanced level of English, both written and spoken.
Very has been a remote company since before it became normal — 2011, to be exact. We’ve built a collaborative, tight-knit team that thrives, whether we’re hanging out in person at our annual retreat or coordinating work across time zones. The results show that we’re doing something right. In 2020, we were named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance List, and Fatherly’s Best Places to Work for Dads.
Clients like Vizio, Clear, iHeart Radio, Complex Media, Shopkeep, and more come to us for answers to their thorniest questions. We bring them a world-class product team that delivers end-to-end IoT solutions.
Why work at Very?
Our top priorities are our team's health, happiness, and long-term career growth. What does that mean in practice? We offer up to 21 weeks of maternity leave, 12 weeks of paternity leave, and 12 weeks for adoption or surrogacy. We have a $1,000 office stipend that allows you to make your battle station somewhere you’re excited to work. Very reimburses employees for approved conference registrations, continuing education, professional memberships, etc... We're a remote-first company, so you can work where you want (in a hammock on the beach, anyone?).
But a healthy company culture isn't just about perks. It's about creating an environment where our employees can lead fulfilling lives at work and home. Working overtime for extended periods indicates a fundamental failure in planning or communication. If this happens at Very, it’s a sign that something needs to be reevaluated and corrected. If you’re looking around wondering why people aren’t in “crunch mode,” the answer’s pretty simple. We work hardest at hiring good people, so we want them to stick around and have a good balance between work and the rest of the important stuff in life.
Your contract with Very will be as an independent contractor for an indefinite period.
This type of contract carries some additional responsibilities for you - you'll have to save some money to take care of taxes and you'll have to pay for public social security (Health and Pension) out of pocket.
That being said, we're confident that our competitive compensation and benefits package (see below) will still mean that you are happy with your take-home amount at the end of each month. For more information about Very and the contract type, see here.
Compensation & Benefits
We believe in a transparent, fair compensation structure and have developed our open salary formula for Latin America-based employees. Depending on your skill and experience, you can expect to earn between USD $4,500 and $5,500 per month upon joining the company. We also offer performance bonuses, a generous maternity/paternity leave policy, and numerous other employee benefits (including eliminating the stress and cost of commuting each day),
We also offer world-class perks including:
- Annual Bonus: up to 5% in the first year (increases with promotions)
- 14 days of paid time off your first year (increases with tenure)
- You get a MacBook Pro
- $1,000 annual Home Office Stipend to build out your home office.
- $125/mo Monthly Communications Stipend (Can be used towards Cell Phone Data Plan, WiFi Plan, VOIP, VPN)
- Udemy license for continuing education
- $3,000 annual Training Stipend after 1 year ($1,200 of which can be used towards college loan repayment annually)
- $1,000 annual Healthcare Stipend (to be used towards Health insurance premium)
- Personalized ESL coaching and access to an AI-powered adaptive platform to take your English to the next level
Additional Perks (could vary):
- A paid trip to somewhere in the World for the annual global company retreat.