Lead Backend Developer
🇺🇸 USA Only
Location: Pasadena, CA HQ or Remote within USA
Please note: This position may work on projects related to the Department of Defense. You must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship with the ability to obtain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required by the DoD for security clearance.
In this Lead Backend Developer role, you will be a key contributor to our Virtualitics Predict web application framework. Virtualitics Predict web applications are custom-built to client specifications and focus on data preprocessing, merging, diagnostics, and predictive modeling. Our predictive models can improve safety and reduce downtime by anticipating which parts or systems are most likely to fail within a given period of time. Virtualitics Predict is built using a microservices architecture which includes many popular open-source technologies. Our applications are often deployed in high security and compliance environments, so experience with application security will be helpful in this role.
- Build and maintain containerized microservices
- Develop REST API endpoints with robust automated tests
- Troubleshoot application networking issues
- Improve and verify application security controls
- Containerize, deploy, and orchestrate applications
- 4+ years programming in Python, including testing and mocking
- Familiar with Python web frameworks, especially Flask
- Strong understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
- Proficient with CI/CD pipelines, e.g. Jenkins
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government
Nice to Have/Bonus Skills:
- Experience working in a cloud environment (AWS preferred, Azure secondary)
- Experience meeting application security standards, e.g. NIST SP 800-53, OWASP ASVS
- Familiar with Single Sign On (SSO SAML2) integration
- Knowledge of static code analysis and container hardening tools
- Proponent of Agile software development and testing
- Proficient with NoSQL and SQL databases
- Experience with websockets and server-sent events
- Experience with message brokers and task queues, e.g. Redis, RabbitMQ, Celery
- Competitive base salary based on experience
- 100% employer paid health benefit premiums (medical, dental, vision)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Time Off for National Holidays
- Stock options at sign-on
- 401k plan
- Company equipment (Laptop computer, monitor, iPhone, etc.)
- Stipend for home Internet expenses
- Yearly continued Education funds
- FULLY REMOTE work from home
Virtualitics is an augmented analytics company that helps our clients expand access to complex data to make their work more visual, collaborative, and actionable. Our powerful suite of augmented analytical tools allows our clients to harness the power of artificial intelligence (AI) and multidimensional visualizations to elevate their unstructured data analysis in a no-code environment and communicate their findings in ways that are instantly understood across their entire organization.
Our patented technology is based on over 11 years of research at the California Institute of Technology and NASA/JPL and supported by a talented team of data scientists, designers, and engineers with several hundred publications in the field of artificial intelligence and data visualization. We have office space in Pasadena, CA, but are also open to fully remote candidates.
Virtualitics is committed to building a company where every individual can bring their full impact and reach their fullest potential. Our mission is to build a diverse and inclusive environment where talented people of all cultures, ages, perspectives, opinions, education, backgrounds, races, gender identity, religions, orientations, abilities, and beliefs can grow and thrive with Virtualitics.
Check us out at https://virtualitics.com/careers