Full Stack Developer
4 to 5 years
RoleFull Stack Programming
VisibleThread is a growing technology business that is expanding at a rapid rate. Our Language Analysis Platform changes the way organizations do business by reducing risk, improving efficiencies and ensuring compliance.
We're on track to double in size over the next year. To help us achieve our growth, we are looking for Full Stack Engineers to join our team. Our solution is a Language Analysis Platform powered by data and designed for large corporations. Some of our major customers include Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and the Canadian Government, to name but a few.
We hire energetic, creative, and passionate people who can work together to drive serious value for our customers. A career with VisibleThread is both rewarding and challenging. We are a fun team, with a flat structure and we offer fantastic career development opportunities to grow within our organization as we expand.
Our engineers don’t just write code, they take product ideas and shape them into working product releases. Joining our team will give you the opportunity to work with some of the largest companies in the world and shape the next generation of our product line.
What will you be doing:
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to deliver better user experience and performance
- Enhance monitoring systems for on-premise and cloud systems
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other engineers, and delivery leads
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features
- Participate in peer code reviews, mentor and assist team members as required
- Work with our customers compliance and security teams to ensure our products meet their standards
- Build api's to allow customers to integrate with our platform
What will you be working with?
Our technology stack is constantly evolving but at its core we work with:
- Java, Spring MVC, JPA, Spring Security
- React JS, Jest
- Postgres RDMS
- Ubuntu, RHEL, AWS
We don't expect our engineers to know everything however we do ask that they want to learn. Key skills would include:
- 4-5 years building web applications with Java Spring and related technologies working in an Agile environment
- Strong background in clean code, test driven development and code quality
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem-solving
- Experience profiling web applications to identify opportunities to improve performance
- Relational Database schema design, preferably with Postgres
- Secure programming experience,
- Experience working with Linux
- Postgres RDMS
- Good knowledge of CSS
- Remote work first.
- Agile development philosophy.
- Unlimited access to training.
- A supportive place to work with incredible teams worldwide
- Genuine career progression opportunities
- Attractive remuneration package
- 100% paid private medical insurance
- Monthly “all hands” and other team-building events
- Competitive annual leave entitlement