Software Development Engineer in Test
RoleAll Other Remote
Vivun is the world’s leading provider of PreSales software. Our AI-powered platform includes solutions for PreSales Operations, Demo Automation, and aligning Sales with Product teams. Revenue leaders can now drive growth efficiently by scaling their technical selling efforts, maximizing every R&D investment and de-risking their deals. Customers include Snowflake, Zoom, Okta, Elastic, ADP, Coupa, and Harness. To learn more visit www.vivun.com.
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for helping Vivun ship high-quality, production-grade software at a rapid pace. You’ll introduce and champion best industry testing and validation practices, build frameworks and standards for the rest of engineering to use and follow, as well as help expand our existing automation and test coverage.
- As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for educating the broader team and cross-pollinating knowledge and good ideas. Your unique perspective and detailed quality-focused approach will make it critical that you understand and communicate risks and problems where others might not perceive them.
- Vivun engineers are responsible for disrupting the status quo with great ideas and valuable feedback. An important part of your job is to introduce and evaluate new tools and technologies, evolve quality standards, and provide insightful feedback on proposals, design artifacts, and code contributions. Help create a culture where everyone learns and evolves rapidly.
- Vivun embraces DevOps as a culture. As such, you will be responsible for ensuring the stability of the systems you build in production. You will need to author contributions that can be safely and automatically promoted and tested. Your services and applications must be instrumented with logging, tracing, and metrics to ensure they are diagnosable and monitored continuously for failure. You will be responsible for configuring and responding to alerts when issues occur.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Technical depth. Software Engineers in Test need to have in-depth experience building robust testing frameworks and test automation. Ideal candidates have professional experience with some of the following:
- Nice to have: Python and/or Kotlin, Kafka, Familiarity with distributed tracing/observability, Familiarity with CI/CD principles, Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL DatabasesContainers / Orchestration (Docker, ECS Fargate, K8s), Cloud-native Infrastructure as Code (AWS, terraform)
- Creative and Systematic. Can you create order from chaos? Building excellent products is not easy; it takes both creativity, and rigorous systematic thinking to drive clarity and consensus. The ideal candidate can brainstorm in the space of possibilities, and pivot quickly to synthesizing clear interfaces and acceptance criteria.
- Defensive Engineering Mindset. We need engineers who deeply understand nuances, edge cases, limitations, and risks of the systems, technologies, and tools at their disposal, and have the battle scars to prove it. Can you anticipate the various failure modes, and design a system that can handle them? If you have experience authoring maintainable, resilient, multi-tenant salesforce applications at scale, and if you have well-informed opinions about observability, testing automation, performance, and resilience, let’s chat.
- Product-obsessed. Ideal candidates will invest in understanding what our customers are trying to achieve and how our products work to improve the lives of various stakeholders. Never satisfied with “good enough”, the best engineers have a track record of delivering intuitive, simple, and powerful products, features, and tools.
- Tenacious Problem Solver. Do you become obsessed when you encounter challenging problems? Whether it’s understanding what caused that gnarly production bug, or achieving performance improvements others believe is impossible, we’re looking for those who enjoy the challenge. Ideal candidates are systematic, scientific thinkers who can quickly figure out what’s true and what to do about it.
- Growth mindset. We need lifelong, continuous learners who crave constant improvement. Building an outstanding product and company is extremely hard, and the ideal candidate understands that the growth you will experience by taking on this challenge is the real reward.
- Ownership. Do you naturally take initiative to make improvements without others asking for them? Do you experience joy when your projects move forward? Do you go the extra mile to ensure your peers are succeeding? Do both the big picture and the details matter to you? If so, please apply.
- A believer in Vivun’s core values: We, not me, Transparency, Be different, Empathy, Ownership
- Experienced working in high growth startup environments: You have the ability to move fast, adapt, and thrive in a dynamic startup environment where you derive priorities, requirements, and goals from company context.
- Collaborative: You are ready to roll up your sleeves and create strategies that work across roles and departments to achieve company goals.
- A Clear Communicator: You effectively and positively present your informed opinions on strategy clearly to multiple teams and areas of expertise. You come with a solid rationale behind every decision you make, you understand the importance of listening as part of communication.
What You Will Have At Vivun:
- Competitive salary and full health benefits
- Stock Options at a well funded, pre-IPO company on a fast growth track
- Flexible work schedules and work from anywhere at a fully remote company
- Unlimited PTO with two weeks designated as “quiet period” each year
- An experienced team who will fight beside you in the trenches to accomplish your goals