Middle / Senior Ruby Developer
Short facts about us:
- We are a global remote-first team of 80+ people on 2 continents and in 7 time zones.
- We have been protecting our clients since 2014.
- The company has raised over $10M in investments.
- More than 200 customers around the world, including Fortune 500, Nasdaq, and high-growth startups choose Wallarm to protect their API and web applications.
- The company passed Y Combinator, the most prestigious incubator in Silicon Valley, from which Dropbox, Stripe, Docker, etc. came out.
Wallarm API security solutions provide proven performance to support innovative companies serving millions of users and billions of API requests per month. Hundreds of Security and DevOps teams globally use Wallarm daily to:
- Discover. See every asset across your entire attack surface—from cloud environments to every API endpoint with auto-discovery capabilities.
- Protect. A single suite that goes beyond OWASP Top 10 for full coverage for API-specific threats, account takeover, malicious bots, L7 DDoS, and more.
- Respond. Streamline incident response with complete visibility, smart triggers, and active threat verification.
- Test. Automate security testing of your APIs and web assets. Prioritize remediation for every asset, in every environment.
Our technology stack:
- The system management interface is written in React and is a Single Page Application. Therefore, backend teams are not engaged in layout, but only API development.
- For backend development, we use Ruby and Golang
- Some components and modules are written in Python (Data Science/ML). But mostly Python is used by the QA department for developing integration autotests.
- Cloud deployed with Kubernetes/Helm and Terraform
- Main frameworks used: Ruby On Rails (API only)/Sinatra; gin for Golang
- Main databases used: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Riak/S3, Tarantool, and Redis
About this opportunity:
We are looking for a Ruby developer to help us develop Wallarm Cloud. The team's zone of responsibility is to maintain, improve and write new scanners. Invent new features to cover as many as possible risks from OWASP API Security Top-10.
Also, you will:
- Participate in an entire cycle of research and development processes;
- Develop DSL for scanner detects (you can find some examples here: https://github.com/wallarm/fast-detects);
- Maintain notification system: add new integrations with third-party systems and new notifications;
- Constantly improve the quality of our code and deal with technical debt;
- Extract small services from big ones or create brand new services.
Technical stack of this position: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker, K8s (optional), Golang (optional), ETCD (optional)
Why our opportunity is a new challenge for you?
- You will work with your favorite language Ruby in the field of Information Security. That's Rock!
- We are a growing company with significant challenges and quite good processes.
- We have many non-standard web services. The Ruby world is bigger than Rails.
In this role you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby and Rails applications;
- Experience with system design and development;
- Experience with databases:
- Relational: PostgreSQL (preferred) and MySQL
- NO SQL: Redis
- Culture of using RSpec (at least on unit-tests level);
- Knowledge and experience with Docker, UNIX, and git.
Additional advantages will be:
- Experience with Sinatra (or Grape);
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Helm;
- Experience in developing Swagger specifications;
- Knowledge of patterns and principles DRY, SOLID, KISS, OOP, STI, Interactors/Service objects;
- Desire to work in the field of Information Security.
What we offer:
- Ability to work on a product that makes the Internet safer
- Completely remote work with flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- 15 paid days off in addition to the vacation
- Allocated budget for each employee for compensation:
- Education (trainings, conferences, books, etc.)
- Sport (Fitness, sports sections, equipment, etc.)
- Paid medicine (including psychologists)
- Vacation (tickets, hotels, tours, etc.)
- Leisure (tickets to the theatre or cinema)
- Workplace equipment