RoleAll Other Remote
- Hi there! We're WebFX, a full-service digital marketing agency based in the US. We've been named the Best Place To Work in Pennsylvania 7 years in a row and we'd love to meet you. We're looking for people to join our mission to provide world-class digital marketing solutions to mid-size businesses around the world. We get super excited about driving business growth for our clients and are looking for people who take pride in their marketing work and enjoy having a little fun at the same time.
What We're Looking For
- Strong background and experience in writing for the legal industry
- Passion for research — unafraid of doing research and getting into the nitty-gritty details of complex legal topics
- Exceptional communication skills with stellar attention to detail
- Extreme care of content to capture the voice and style of our clients
- Ability to think critically and get things done — delivers on everything they say they will do in a timely manner
- Flexible schedule (this position requires 40 hours of remote availability per week)
- Requires a reliable laptop, office equipment, and Internet access
What You'll Do
- The legal industry is exciting and complex — and online content related to the law must follow strict, precise requirements to meet industry standards and ensure only accurate, well-researched information is presented to readers. At WebFX, we're looking for a talented, research-minded writer who's excited to explore the legal world in their work. Someone who's passionate about covering everything from workers' compensation to whistleblower attorneys, from setting up trusts to state-specific probate processes, from divorce laws to criminal defense topics.
- We want you to be driven by a love for knowledge in the legal space and have a knack for asking the right questions to fuel your research. Whatever the topic, you are experienced in reading and parsing professional/academic research, authoritative sources and date sets. In your writing, you know how to translate that information into copy that's user-friendly and in line with a client's specific voice and style.
- We're looking for someone who's excited by the idea of diving deep into topics in this industry and helping drive results with the copy you write. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
- If you're seeking a long-term freelance partnership, we'd love to hear from you!
- Write an array of content types from blog posts to sales copy to longform content, specializing in the legal/law sectors
- Manage time effectively in order to turn around projects on deadline
- Produce work for over 5,000 publishers and clients on the web/in the media
- Troubleshoot, solve problems on the fly and figure things out independently when needed — take full initiative and accountability for all tasks and projects
- Productively apply specific and personalized feedback to improve in identified writing areas
- Find flexibility in a 40-hour/week, independent contractor position, as you tackle assignments from the location of your choosing
- This position is fully remote! Work from anywhere as long as you have a great Internet connection and a comfortable workspace.
- Our "Bootcamp" web marketing training program will be provided for new WebFX "family members" to learn, grow and develop in and out of the office with the hard skills necessary to be successful in their position.
- "On-site," state-of-the-art training amenities to facilitate departmental trainings, industry-related updates and monthly Lunch and Learns.
Opportunities for Growth
- WebFX grew 250%+ over the past 3 years, and merit-based promotional opportunities are abundant for new family members who meet or exceed position performance metrics.
What You'll Get
- Grow in Your Career: Each of our partners benefits from our world-class training program. As part of our mission, we commit to helping our team and partners stay on the leading edge of the industry. We achieve this through ongoing training programs, incentives for learning and more.
- Longevity: Current team members in this position have been in the role for over 10 years. Maintain the ability and freedom to take on other clients and freelance projects in addition to their work at WebFX.
- Monthly Retainers: In addition to the compensation provided to the contractor, WebFX offers 6 paid holidays along with a $180+ monthly retainer to utilize as the contractor sees fit in order to better perform the agreed-upon services to WebFX.
- Flexible Schedule: As an independent contractor, you get to choose your optimal work schedule and have the convenience of working from home.
- Make a Difference: WebFX strives to not only improve the lives of our clients and everyone who works for them but to make a tangible difference on a global level as well. Through #FXBuilds, our goal is to positively change the lives of 10,000 people by 2024. Your work will contribute to #FXBuilds by helping us reach client goals!
- Performance Bonuses: Contractors are eligible for performance bonuses totaling up to $1,000 per year.
- Hourly Rates starting between $17 and $19. An annual income equivalent to $35k and $40k (potentially higher based on work experience).
- $1k potential in bonuses annually
- $180+ monthly stipend: Extra cash for whatever you deem necessary to improve your remote work life! Other writers and editors have used this bonus to cover their various expenses such as Internet, health care expenses, contributions to their rent, luxuries for their home office and much more. This bonus is provided as a thank you for your ongoing contributions and loyalty to WebFX.
- WebFX is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing and fostering an inclusive environment where all people, including women, minorities, LGBTQ+ and other underrepresented groups are supported, respected, and encouraged to excel within STEM careers. Our goal as an organization is to empower our team to achieve their personal best, bring people together, and provide equal opportunity to do so regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, physical ability or disability, or political affiliation. You can learn more on our website here!