Financial Product Specialist
RoleManagement and Finance
Do you want to play a major role in shaping the personal finance products your fellow Canadians choose to use in their daily lives?
We’re looking for a detail-oriented and analytical-minded individual whose interests revolve around money, banking, credit cards, investments, insurance, lending, and rewards to join our team.
That's where you come in.
Your love of personal finance and ability to manage a high volume of data with impeccable accuracy, precision, and speed will empower Canadians to choose the ideal products for their needs.
Excellent question. WeyMedia is a proudly Maritime company with a simple mission:
Make money easy and fun for everyone.
To do that, we strive to make both moneyGenius.ca and creditcardGenius.ca the best in our space. Although we're a young company, these two websites have already become two of the top resources for Canadian consumers.
Our team helps over 250,000 Canadians make the best financial and money-saving decisions by crafting accurate and high-quality personal finance content, technology, comparison tools, and reviews.
We also actively reward our readers through GeniusCash ‒ our very own cash back rewards program on participating credit cards and financial products.
(And if that wasn’t enough, check out our $10K Tesla giveaway at creditcardgenius.ca/offers.)
So if you want to help us make it easy for Canadians to make smart financial decisions, read on…
We need a detail-oriented Financial Product Specialist to be part of our content team.
- You’ll track and manage complex data for hundreds of Canadian financial products, and update internal spreadsheets, databases, systems, and content accordingly.
- You'll take direct ownership of ensuring each detail of every product we list along with all calculations made by our software and tools are 100% accurate.
- You’ll monitor all sources of Canadian financial news for relevant information and interesting developments and share those with the whole team.
- You’ll support writers and the greater team in developing and publishing content and financial product news.
- You’ll update and expand existing personal finance articles and content to keep information current and increase readership.
- You’ll collaborate with our sales team and our banking and personal finance partners to maintain strict product compliance according to their exact specifications.
- You'll analyze product conversion rates and work to optimize product placement and positioning to maximize consumer uptake.
- You'll recommend new high potential products and offers to both our sales team and our content team for increased promotion and partnership.
- You'll assist our customer service team in responding accurately to financial questions received from our readers.
- You'll wear many different hats in a lean, agile, and fast-paced culture.
- You’ll be involved with new and upcoming projects.
You care about your work, you know your stuff, and you go the extra mile.
- You live and are legally eligible to work in Canada.
- You have a background in or strong working knowledge of Canadian financial institutions and banking products.
- You have at least 3 years experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- You're passionate about all things personal finance, including but not limited to:
- Credit cards
- You’re detail-oriented with an aptitude for tracking data, managing data, analyzing data, and using advanced spreadsheet formulas and features.
- You're so strong with math and stats you know a number is wrong just by looking at it.
- You work fast, type fast, and can update data effortlessly without sacrificing accuracy.
- You follow multi-step processes to a T, always remembering to tie up loose ends, and comfortably write your own when none exists.
- You’re a great researcher who can find anything online fast and effectively.
- You’re excellent at organizing and planning your time, and have the ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- You have an amazing work ethic and thrive in a demanding startup environment.
- You're a tech wizard, live in the cloud, and can learn any software with ease.
- You're a clear communicator, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We take care of our team. Here's a quick list of benefits you'll get working with us:
- Challenging and rewarding work that has a real impact on the financial health of Canadians.
- Work from home anywhere in Canada with permanent remote full-time status.
- Opportunities for continuous growth and career advancement.
- Competitive salary based on your skills and experience.
- A share in a portion of the company's profits.
- 100% paid premiums for health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 26 vacation and wellbeing days per year which includes:
- 3 weeks of vacation
- 8 public holidays
- 2 flex days
- Your birthday off
- New Employee Toolkit that contains everything you need to do your job well.
- Includes a company laptop, a second monitor, and a dozen other useful items.
- Regular team-building fun including team games, lunches, happy hours, competitions with prizes, and more.
- Mental health support through inConfidence and the Calm app.
- Mobile phone allowance to help cover part of your monthly bill.
If you think this is you, please apply with your cover letter addressed to Chelsea so we know that you thoughtfully reviewed our job description.