International Tax Accountant
RoleManagement and Finance
Established in 1983, WilkinGuttenplan is a leading mid-sized accounting and advisory firm in New Jersey and New York City. The Firm serves a multitude of industries, including closely held and middle-market businesses and their owners, high-net-worth individuals, real estate, healthcare, international commerce, sports and entertainment, professional practices, technology, non-profit, condominiums and cooperatives, and many more. Areas of expertise include tax, auditing, compilations, reviews, financial statement preparation, business valuations and trust & estate solutions. WilkinGuttenplan is an independent member of the BDO Alliance USA. At WilkinGuttenplan, we strive to ensure we foster an inclusive and flexible environment for all our employees while also assisting them in achieving their unique career goals through our coaching program.
WG is currently looking for an experienced Tax Associate and/or Tax Senior to join our rapidly growing International Tax team. This position can be remote or based out of our East Brunswick, NJ office.
- Act as a business advisor and serve clients on various international tax planning and compliance matters.
- Conduct research and review for U.S. and foreign tax laws and regulations related to international tax planning strategies and other transactions
- Lead and manage projects while taking on new initiatives and maintaining client relationships
- Provide technical tax support on transactions and activities
- Prepare and review forms and related work papers for U.S.-owned foreign entities
- Assist in quarterly and annual international ASC 740 (FAS 109/FIN 48) tax accruals, global effective tax rate calculations, and footnote disclosure.
- Prepare/review compliance related to Controlled Foreign Corporations including Forms 5471 and related schedules; Form 8992, Form 8993; Form 1116 and 1118. Also, compliance related to Forms 8865 and Forms 8858.
- Review and advise on US tax issues as it relates to resident aliens and nonresident aliens, including the application of the substantial presence test, foreign earned income exclusion, and foreign tax credits, including Form 8938 and FinCEN Form 114.
- Review and advise on foreign corporations filing Form 1120-F and related protective claims.
- Prepare returns for high-net-worth individuals, S corps, and partnerships, as well as estate/trust returns
- Support the growth and development of fellow team members through on-the-job and formal training
- Review tax returns and projects of tax staff while gaining increasing responsibility for the review process
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA certification or actively pursuing a CPA license
- 2+ years of recent and progressive general and international tax experience in a public accounting firm
- Experience with domestic closely held businesses and individuals
- Broad international tax experience and technical experience with international tax compliance and tax provisions
- Strong understanding of international tax law changes arising from the 2017 TCJA and, specifically, its impact on closely held businesses and use of Section 962 elections.
- Familiar with tax compliance and provision software
- Proficient in Excel
- Self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- Possess excellent collaboration skills and are able to multi-task
- Maintain strong organizational skills and are detail-oriented
- We offer a unique culture that emphasizes and values work/life balance including remote work flexibility!
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including Unlimited Work Options, Unlimited PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Summer Fridays, and much more! For more information on our offerings please visit our website.
- Our collaborative work environment is strongly committed to your professional growth and success
- We have an extensive Coaching Program designed to prepare you for a life in a dynamic CPA firm
- We have a track record of ranking in the Best Place to Work NJ for the past sixteen years and have won several other awards including #1 in Vault’s Top 3 Internships, Best Firms for Young Accountants, Best Accounting Firms To Work For, and many more!
- The estimated salary range for this position is $75,000 to $97,000. Individual salaries are determined through multiple factors permitted by law including but not limited to experience, education, licensure/certification, knowledge, skills and qualifications. WG also offers a comprehensive benefits package and performance award (bonus) eligibility where you’ll be recognized and rewarded based on your performance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
We believe in equal opportunity:
Wilkin & Guttenplan P.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.