Remote Senior Front-End .NET Developer
Anywhere in the World
We need a senior front-end developer with visual flair and a keen eye for UX and game design. You'll really excel in making exciting games and an easy-to-use interface for our educational website and work with our team of UX designers and illustrators to make it happen.
Our mission is to make it easy for teachers to create interactive games and worksheets for their students. Our site automates the process of resource design, so teachers can simply enter the content that is appropriate for their class - a list of keywords, definitions, questions or images. Wordwall produces the content in over 60 different templates; for example, gameshow quizzes, crosswords, labelled diagrams and arcade games. It seeks to disrupt the publisher-driven model of paid-for "professionally" made educational content by putting high-quality content creation in the hands of teachers and making that teacher-made content freely accessible through our online community.
We are a small team with big ambitions who work remotely across the world. Our 35 million monthly users are rapidly proliferating. We've got a product that works and we're building for the long-term. We want people who want to stick around, grow with us and help make games-based learning accessible to all.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We support flexible working arrangements - full or part time.
Real applicants only - please do not contact us if you represent an agency
- implement web user interfaces using HTML/CSS
- integrate work from artists and assist them with animations and other interactive effects
- identify issues with our rendering engine and work with back-end developers to improve it
- create layouts for our interactive game engine to display user content at a range of device sizes
- create layouts for our printable engine and assist in designing new output formats
- Proven C# & JScript skills
- Minimum 3 years' experience working within a software development team
- Able to self-organise and motivate when working remotely
- Salary Â£40-50k per year
- 30 days paid holiday per year
- 100% remote and flexible working