🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
WorkStep is the leading software provider of workforce retention and hiring solutions for the supply chain industry. We’re a Series B startup (backed by leading investors) who is disrupting the industry and changing the way companies have traditionally hired and retained their frontline supply chain workers.
Our mission is simple: to make the supply chain a better place to work. How? By helping companies within e-commerce, manufacturing, retail, transportation, and logistics make better-fit hires and improve their frontline workforce satisfaction and retention.
WorkStep is looking for an analyst to join its quickly growing team on the ground floor. The analyst will report to the Head of Analytics and will be responsible for building and maintaining critical reports and analyses, as well as hunting for transformative insights among our vast data repositories. The analyst will own analytics for WorkStep RETAIN, a new and growing product. They will interface with both, internal and external stakeholders, to help drive product development and adoption.
We're looking for someone familiar with a wide range of analytic methods such as mathematical programming, data modeling, and statistical tests. This person should also be comfortable extracting, manipulating, and collating large datasets from different sources with varying degrees of consistency or completeness.
The ideal candidate has a strong business acumen and is interested in leveraging their growing understanding of the business to offer data-driven insight via analytics. This person knows an opportunity when they see one and can communicate the opportunity to the leadership team and bring awareness to the risks and benefits effectively.
- Deliver clear analysis summaries for research briefs to support business and product development decisions
- Build and maintain critical business reports
- Identify potential business opportunities or efficiencies through self-guided experiments and data-dives
- Collaborate on cross-functional initiatives where insights offer significant leverage
- 2+ years professional experience in business development and analysis
- A degree in applied mathematics, business analytics, statistics, economics, computer sciences, or engineering
- An expert command of SQL
- Strong communication skills
- Experience using scripting languages for data analysis (e.g., Python, R, Matlab)
- Familiarity with visualization tools (e.g., Looker, PowerBI, Tableau)
- Proficiency with spreadsheet tools (e.g., G-Sheets, Excel)
- Advanced R or Python experience
- Experience with data modeling using dbt or an orchestration tool (e.g., Airflow, Dagster)
- Experience with version control software (git, SVN)
- Experience developing LookML models and dashboards at scale
WorkStep is a fully remote company, meaning our team can work from where it suits them—whether that's East Coast or West Coast, in the mountains, or at the beach. We're a collaborative bunch who are focused on helping our customers succeed and deliver results, FAST. But we also know how to have fun and enjoy each other's company. Our benefits include:
- Remote working environment
- Flexible PTO
- Top-notch technology
- Annual team building on-sites (when safe to resume)
- Workspace, wellness, and professional development stipends
- Internet and phone reimbursement
- Competitive company-sponsored health, vision, and dental benefits package
- Opportunity to join a passionate, motivated, and fun team at an early stage to help shape and execute on our mission
If you’re a collaborator who likes a challenge, who doesn’t mind rolling up their sleeves, and wants to join a fast-growing company at an early stage, we want to hear from you!
WorkStep is an EEO employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or protected veteran status. We are committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.