Senior AWS Data Engineer
RoleAll Other Remote
Who are Xebia?
With over 20 years of experience, our global network of passionate technologists and pioneering craftsmen deliver cutting-edge technology and game-changing consulting to companies on the brink of transformation. Since 2001, we have grown from a Java company into a full-service digital consulting company with 4500+ professionals working on a worldwide ambition.
We are organized in complementary chapters – teams with a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience within a particular field, such as Agile, DevOps, Data and AI, Cloud, Software Technology, Functional Programming, Low Code, and Microsoft.
We help the world's top 250 companies and category leaders overcome digital challenges, embrace innovation, adopt new technology, and implement new business models. In addition to high-quality consulting, we also provide offshoring and nearshoring services.
Role: Senior Data Engineer (AWS)
Main duties include:
- Help customers learn and use AWS services such as Athena, Glue, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon EMR and Amazon Redshift.
- Solutions - Deliver on-site technical engagements with customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, creating packaged Data & Analytics service offerings.
- Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
- Insights - Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementations and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services.
- Experience with one or more relevant tools (Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Oozie, Hue, Zookeeper, HCatalog, Solr, Avro)
- Experience developing software code in one or more programming languages in Python (DAE) and Scala (DE)
- Experience with Amazon MSK (Kafka), Grafana, Prometheus and AWS Lambda
- Experience with one or more SQL-on-Hadoop technology (Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, Presto)
- Innovate - Engaging with the customer's business and technology stakeholders to create a compelling vision of a data-driven enterprise in their environment.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- 8+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a technical and analytical role
- 5+ years' experience of Data Lake/Hadoop platform implementation
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning Hadoop/Spark implementations
- One (1) AWS Certification(s) at the associate, professional or specialty certification offered by Amazon Web Services and 1 AWS certification in-progress with expected completion on 1 month.
- Employer Pension Contribution – 3%
- Private Medical Health Insurance (BUPA)
- Life Insurance - Group Life insurance provides peace of mind to employees by ensuring their loved ones will be supported by providing a tax-free lump sum in the event of an untimely death. 4X salary
- Salary definition/scheme earnings definition - ‘Basic Annual Salary pre-salary sacrifice'
- Annual Holidays – 25 + 1 (Birthday Holiday)
Xebia is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please feel free to share your preferred pronouns with us during the application process.
Xebia does not sponsor work visas, either at the time of hire or at any later time. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in location, and to complete any required employment eligibility forms.