Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. As we continue to scale our mission to democratize automation, we’re hiring Frontend Engineers across the organization. Zapier has helped millions of people build businesses through the power of automation.
Here are some of the teams you might join:
- Billing team. The Billing Team strives to make it incredibly easy to purchase Zapier across the globe. Join us as we build systems that power purchasing, subscription management, and customer support. You’ll be part of our team focused on making it easier for our largest customers to buy Zapier. We practice empathetic communication with our close partners inside the company and enthusiastic teamwork across disciplines.
- Zap Creation: Beyond team. The Zap Creation: Beyond team is focused on building a foundational product experience to help make Zapier more accessible and more powerful to our everyday end user. The person joining this team will bring passion for product-thinking and high empathy for our customers as they use Zapier to solve real-world challenges.
If you’re interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully, you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
You value collaboration. You understand that building modern software is a team sport, and you enjoy working as part of a tight-knit team. You’re happy to pitch in and help the team, whether by reviewing code, pairing on a tricky problem, or just thinking about how to solve the challenges we’re facing.
You can balance lots of concerns. Frontend apps have to take into account performance (using networks and devices that we can't control), customer demands, A/B tests, UX research, accessibility, code quality, a rapidly changing ecosystem of languages and modules, and the list goes on. And we actually want to ship things too! You can balance those demands without getting overwhelmed and keep the needle moving forward.
You advocate for the user. You have a keen eye for great design, and you’re empathetic to the needs of the end user. When you see users struggling to succeed you take it as a personal challenge to understand why and help the team build a better product.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Research, guide, and execute frontend architecture changes, including but by no means limited to GraphQL, server-side React rendering and TypeScript typing.
- Work with stakeholders (other Zapier teams, or external partners) to understand requirements, propose solutions, and build something to help those stakeholders succeed.
- Contribute to improving NextJS apps by building reusable React components with modular CSS. Ensure reliable code by leveraging Jest and Cypress tests.
- Measure and resolve performance bottlenecks, using tools like Chrome DevTools, Lighthouse, WebPagetest, or custom tooling.
- Refactor or improve existing code as languages, frameworks, or techniques evolve. Help the team pick appropriate tools to solve new problems as they arise.
- Work closely with our product, design, and UX teams to create amazing and intuitive experiences that make it effortless to connect different apps together.
- Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to help us become a better, more effective organisation.
- Help teach your colleagues new skills, through code review, discussions and mentoring. Help us all become better engineers and humans.
- Ship to hundreds of thousands of users every day while having lots of autonomy in terms of code and feature ownership.
- As a part of Zapier's all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
You’ll also have the opportunity to specialize in a variety of areas of the Zapier codebase. Focusing on a specialization will not limit your growth at Zapier as we believe that each engineer brings a unique perspective and can contribute in all areas. We encourage collaboration and will frequently have engineers contribute across teams to assist with projects.
The Whole Package
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
Competitive salary and profit-sharing program
Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
Retirement plan with 4% company match*
$2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
Two annual all-company retreats
14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
* While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people, and do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.