Who Are We:
We are Zearn, and we are on a mission to ensure that all children love and learn math! Zearn is the nonprofit educational organization behind Zearn Math, the top-rated math learning platform used by 1 in 4 elementary students nationwide. We support teachers with research-backed curricula and digital lessons proven to double the learning gains of a typical year of instruction. Zearn Math instructional materials - including 400+ hours of digital math learning - are free for teachers and families. Zearn also offers school and district-wide licenses and professional development to support implementation. Everything we do is driven by the belief that every kid can be a math kid.
Learn more about us at www.Zearn.org.
About the Role:
Zearn is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team. At Zearn, you’ll have an opportunity to work on the technical infrastructure that powers our math learning platform, used by 1 in 4 elementary students nationwide. You’ll work on building out and improving our continuous integration/delivery infrastructure, enhancing our performance monitoring capabilities, and helping with integrations that touch various functional teams at Zearn, such as development, operations, data, and sales.
What This Role Will Do:
- Improve/upgrade our CI/CD infrastructure
- Enhance our application monitoring & telemetry capabilities to improve observability
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Perform root cause analysis on production errors
- Better automate and improve the engineer onboarding experience
- Manage networking and security configurations (e.g. DNS, SSL)
- Enhance and troubleshoot our data analytics platform
- Work with software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and protocols
- Deploy upgrades and bug fixes to our tech stack
- Ensure our systems are safe and secure and we are following cybersecurity best practices
- Write and maintain documentation for the setup and maintenance of relevant systems
- Optimize resource usage to save costs
What You'll Bring To The Role:
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Experience with Jenkins, Docker, Heroku, and AWS (S3, EC2, RDS, IAM, VPC, CloudFront, Autoscaling, Redshift, Elastic Beanstalk)
- Good knowledge of Bash, a scripting language like Ruby or Python, and relational databases like PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with other AWS services (e.g. Lambda, DynamoDB, Kinesis), CI/CD services (e.g. CircleCI, GitHub Actions), infrastructure-as-code tools, configuration management tools, and/or monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic) are a plus
- Ability to prioritize and evaluate security, reliability, scalability, and maintainability considerations
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- Passion for educational technology, and a desire to work at a mission-driven organization
This role is remote, but you may be asked to travel as needed for business or team-building purposes.
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a competitive benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K matching, parental leave, and a generous PTO policy. We also offer a collegial and passionate culture and the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of children.
To Apply Please Use This Link: https://apply.workable.com/j/1D623E3B82
Zearn is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.