Data Protection Officer
RoleAll Other Remote
Zego is a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from fleets of just two vehicles to global enterprises, and for individual drivers and riders. Its mission is to provide businesses and people with insurance they control, saving them both time and money.The problem that exists is that in an ever-changing world, traditional insurance holds businesses back. Zego, on the other hand, helps businesses to unlock their full potential by putting them in control. Using smart technology and sophisticated data sources, Zego gives businesses the power to monitor and improve their driving performance over time, enabling them to save money by retaining a great price for their cover. It also helps businesses save time, making the administrative side of things easy and the claims process effortless.Since its inception in 2016, Zego has grown to support businesses in the UK and across Europe and has forged partnerships with businesses such as BP, Amazon and Uber. Zego has also raised $280 million in funding and was the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion.
Purpose of the Data Protection Officer:
We are looking for an experienced and talented Data Protection Officer to join our Risk and Compliance department. The Data Protection Officer will be responsible for owning and managing the Data Protection Framework across the Zego group and will ensure compliance with all data protection legislation is held and appropriately maintained.
Reporting to the Head of Risk and Compliance the Data Protection Officer will play a key role in the functioning of our insurance distribution hub in the UK and Europe (authorised agent in the Netherlands, with branches in Ireland, France and Spain) and will also support our insurance carrier in Gibraltar and the soon to be established Dutch carrier. Therefore in-depth knowledge and understanding of Data Protection Laws within the UK and Europe as well and experience working either in the Insurance, Insurtech or Fintech sector is a must.
The role is a great opportunity for someone who thrives working in a fast paced disruptive environment, would like to be part of strategic projects and be at the forefront to help shape and implement changes in a scale-up environment.
What you could be working on as a Data Protection Officer:
- Owning and managing the Data Protection Framework across the whole group, ensuring compliance with all the relevant Data Privacy regulations, including but not limited to GDPR and DPA.
- You will manage the key deliverables, including the Data Protection Compliance Monitoring Plan, ROPA, DPIA’s, Data Protection Breaches Register, Board MI and policies.
- You will build strong alliances and maintain collaborative relationships throughout the company to promote business engagement in data protection compliance matters.
- You will work closely with the Head of Risk and Compliance, the group Risk and Compliance Team, and with senior managers, business partners and regulators.
What you will need to be successful as Data Protection Officer:
- Strong relevant in-depth knowledge and understanding of Data Protection laws within the UK and Europe and solid understanding of GDPR.
- Qualifications in one or more data protection- CIPP or equivalent, CIPM.
- Knowledge and experience working in Insurtech or Fintech is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to identify and assess risks and to help clarify potential impact / implications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and influence using complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- You will have a high degree of organisation and an ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
What it's like to work @ Zego
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.