Engineering Manager - CRM
RoleFull Stack Programming
We are Zego - a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It’s too expensive and time consuming, and it no longer suits businesses who use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020. At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
We are looking for people with a passion for people management - providing engineers with the correct tools to support their career growth should excite you.
Coming up with new initiatives to improve engineering processes, you champion personal and professional development and building a supportive team culture is your jam!
Here at Zego, our Engineering Managers are involved in everything from building a hiring strategy designed to attract the best candidates and establishing a collaborative, inclusive culture, through to building autonomous teams and identifying the coaching and mentoring needs of the engineers and supporting their growth.
The chosen Engineering Manager will:
- Managing one of our talented CRM team
- Establish and improve ways of working to maintain excellence in our development practices and delivery processes
- Partner with Product Managers, Tech Leads and Senior Team members to help build and achieve product roadmap plans with a high level of quality
- Ensure teams are equipped with all the tools required to do their job
- Work with multiple teams to help them solve issues and unblock problems
- Contribute to setting team OKRs and individual goals
- Provide feedback with coaching to help Engineers grow and reach their potential
- Guide teams to make better decisions through sharing ideas and feedback with each other
- Champion knowledge sharing programmes across teams such as product demonstrations, lunch-and-learns and tech events
- Work with other engineering leaders to align on learning and development strategies
- Partner with Talent Acquisition Managers to help attract, interview and improve the overall candidate experience
- Support and improve the onboarding of new Engineers into the team
- Get involved with diversity projects to help build a diverse and inclusive culture
- Contribute to expanding the engineering brand by getting involved with external talks and meetups, as well as networking with other like minded experts and leader
We are looking for someone who is experienced in building successful engineering teams.
- You know how to help teams maintain a focus on delivery, and ensure they are motivated, collaborating and working well
- You have an understanding of Agile and Lean methodologies and can demonstrate these through effective coaching
- You understand the importance of professional development and support individuals with setting goals and development plans
- You are passionate about helping others achieve their goals
- You excel at learning and push yourself to develop your skills
- You are an excellent communicator, able to deliver information at all levels and influence where needed
- You understand the concepts of what a CRM tool can provide or more ideally, have hands on experience with Salesforce
What's it like to work at Zego?
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.