ActivityWatch is an app that automatically tracks how you spend time on your devices.
It is open source, privacy-first, cross-platform, and a great alternative to services like RescueTime, ManicTime, and WakaTime.
It can be used to keep track of your productivity, time spent on different projects, bad screen habits, or just to understand how you spend your time.
- Tracking: Tracks active application and window title out of the box, more with watchers.
- Categories: Get a better overview of your usage by breaking it down into categories.
- Browser extensions: Track the active tab using the extensions for Chrome and Firefox.
- Editor plugins: Track how you spend time writing code with editor watchers.
- Privacy: Data is stored locally and doesn't leave your device, we put local and privacy first.
- Cross-platform: Runs on Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android.
ActivityWatch can be downloaded and evaluated for free.
Significance to remote workers
Helps Remote workers in
- Monitor productivity.
- Track how much time you spend on different projects.
- Get an overview of time spent on apps, games, videos, and music.
- Manage bad screen habits.
- Measure work-life balance.
- Find behavioral trends in how you use your devices.
- Gain "self-knowledge through numbers" (Quantified Self)
- Keep a log of your digital life (lifelogging).
Join the AllRemote community Accelerate the shift towards remote work
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved