The reliable, private, document scanner SDK for iOS, Android, and hybrid apps. Trusted by hundreds of companies, the Gen..
About Genius Scan
The reliable, private, document scanner SDK for iOS, Android, and hybrid apps. Trusted by hundreds of companies, the Genius Scan SDK lets you embed in your app the award-winning technology of the Genius Scan app.
Add a custom document scanner to your apps by using and customizing our proven imaging technology. The Document Scanner SDK is the same software that we use at the core of Genius Scan: it's tried and trusted every day by millions of people on iOS and Android.
Real-time document detection
- Our algorithms automatically highlight the document so that your users frame it correctly.
- As soon as the user snaps the photo, our various distortion corrections (perspective, curvature) kick in to straighten the document even if they captured the picture with an angle.
- Genius Scan then cleans the document with our proprietary filters. These filters clean up the background, the edges of the paper, remove artifacts, and ensure its legibility. They also ensure better accuracy for post-processing such as OCR.
- Our OCR engine can extract the text and layout from images. Combined with the PDF generator, you can make the text of documents searchable and selectable.
Multi-page PDF creation
- You obtain a clean, legible, multi-page PDF document that you can use as desired in your app.
Fast & accurate
- We fine-tuned our document scanner SDK for the best performance on the widest range of devices.
Private & Secure
- All the SDK treatments, including text recognition, run offline on-device. You are in complete control of your documents.
- The SDK powers the Genius Scan app, on which more than 4 million users rely each month.
License fees vary by apps, starting above €4,000/y. It asks to request a quote tailored to every user project.
Significance to remote workers
Millions of customers and employees in all kinds of industries – from international transportation companies to hospital operators, remote utility workers, bank and insurance employees, and court reporters use it daily to scan documents.