HDD Fan Control
HDD Fan Control controls the fan speed in relation to the drive's temperature, slows the fan down preventing the loud no..
About HDD Fan Control
HDD Fan Control controls the fan speed in relation to the drive's temperature, slows the fan down preventing the loud noise and keeps your drive safe from overheating.
Controls the Hard Drive Fan Speed Directly
- Unlike other Fan Control Software which can only increase the fan speed. HDD Fan Control directly controls the speed of the HDD Fan slowing it down when the drive is cool, and speeding it up to protect the drive from overheating when hot.
Sets fan speed for Hard Drive Temperature
- Runs the fan at a speed appropriate for the HDD or SSD's actual temperature. Provides the correct cooling for your drive, preventing overheating and early failure whilst also keeping the fan quiet when cooling is not needed.
Obtains Temperature using S.M.A.R.T
- HDD Fan Control uses the S.M.A.R.T protocol built into every Hard Disk Drive and SSD to obtain the drives internal temperature without the need for Apple's Temperature Sensor or HDD Firmware. This allows you to use any HDD or SSD in your iMac
Runs at Startup
- Runs as a system process at startup, working even before or if a user has not logged in, and continuing to work until the iMac is shut down; totally independent of user login.
Works with any HDD or SSD
- HDD Fan Control allows you to install any HDD or SSD into your iMac, or install additional drives, and not have the loud noise from the iMac caused by the HDD Fan. Have confidence in knowing that the cooling has been setup for the new drive's specifications.
Can work without S.M.A.R.T
- Some SSD manufacturers have not implemented correct temperature readings over S.M.A.R.T for their SSD's.
- HDD Fan Control will still work with these SSD's by calculating the approximate temperature of the drive from the other internal sensors.
- It can also be setup to not use S.M.A.R.T for any drive if this is preferred.
Used by Apple Repair Centers and Technicians
- HDD Fan Control is used by Apple repair technicians all over the world and has proved itself as a great solution to the fan problem.
- If you are a technician looking for volume licensing please check our Volume Licensing, or for more custom requirements please contact us.
Custom Temperature to Fan Speed curve
- Ability to define a custom relationship between Drive Temperature and Fan Speed for your drive's specific cooling needs and your fan noise preferences.
Free Automatic Updates
- We are constantly improving and testing the temperature control algorithm with new Hard Disks and SSD's to make sure we provide the best fan control possible, as such you get free Automatic updates of HDD Fan Control.
Status Bar Monitor
- HDD Fan Control comes with a small Application called HDD Fan Control Monitor. This lives in the Status Bar and displays the drive's current Temperature and the Fan Speed.
**1. Plan - HDD Fan Control **
- Price: $35
- Duration: One time Payment
- Controls your iMac's hard drives fan speed in relation to your drives temperature as reported through its S.M.A.R.T interface. Specifically designed for iMacs with HDD replacements and SSD Upgrades.
Significance to remote workers
iMac HDD Fan Control does not require Apple’s temperature sensor or cable to obtain the drives temperature as it uses the S.M.A.R.T (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) protocol built into all drives, this means you no longer need the temperature sensor or cable for the fan to operate correctly.