Azure Virtual Desktop
A flexible cloud virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) platform that securely delivers virtual desktops and remote apps w..
About Azure Virtual Desktop
A flexible cloud virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) platform that securely delivers virtual desktops and remote apps with maximum control.
Deliver Windows 11 desktops and applications virtually anywhere
- Provide employees the best virtualized experience with the only solution fully optimized for Windows 11 and Microsoft 365.
Built-in intelligent security
- Help keep your applications and data secure and compliant with security capabilities that can proactively detect threats and take remedial action.
Deploy and scale in minutes
- Simplify deployment and management of your infrastructure and scale quickly based on your business needs.
Reduce cost using existing licenses
- Use existing eligible licenses to reduce costs with a modern cloud-based virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), and pay only for what you use.
Azure Virtual Desktop pricing includes two parts:
1. User access rights:
License entitlement: There is no additional cost if you have an eligible Windows, Microsoft 365, or Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS) Client Access License (CAL).
**Per user access pricing: **We have introduced a new option for monthly per user pricing for access to Azure Virtual Desktop for external users only.
2. Azure infrastructure costs
In addition to user access, you will need an Azure account to deploy and manage your virtualization environment. These are the Azure components generally required to host an Azure Virtual Desktop deployment.
- Virtual machines
Operating system (OS) storage
Data disk (personal desktop only)
User profile storage
Azure Virtual Desktop virtual machines (VMs) are charged at Linux compute rate for Windows 10 single-session, Windows 10 multi-session and Windows Server, including Citrix cloud and VMWare Horizon cloud on Azure. To optimize infrastructure costs, you can take advantage of one-year or three-year Azure Reserved Virtual Machine Instances, which can save you up to 72 percent versus pay-as-you-go pricing.
Significance to remote workers
Azure Virtual Desktop helps you bring your existing Remote Desktop Services (RDS) and Windows Server desktops and apps to any computer. You can manage desktops and apps from different Windows and Windows Server operating systems with a unified management experience.