Skuad - SDET Online Hackathon
About this Hackathon
AllRemote is hosting Skuad - SDET Online Hackathon open to all developers and engineers with 2-5 years of experience from India. The goal of the hackathon is to solve challenges related to software development using technologies like Java, Python, Selenium, Cucumber, SQL, and Linux and hire the best SDET for Skuad.
We’re on a mission to empower developers to move from being good to being great! By participating in this challenge, you will also learn whether your commits are clean, your projects are releasable, and how well your code is hitting the mark. You can find out if something you built not just works, but works on scale.
Here are some details about the Hackathon:
📅 Date: 28th March -30th April 2023
🕒 Duration: 60 mins
💻 Equipment Required: Laptop
If you clear the 50% cutoff, you will win an opportunity to get your profile reviewed and interview for Skuad - SDET role.
You can participate in multiple/other hackathons organized by AllRemote but are only eligible to win rewards and prizes for one hackathon.
About the position
Skuad is democratising talent and opportunities globally by making remote work accessible anywhere in the world. Skuad is helping employers build, pay, and manage exceptional talent globally while they take care of global payroll, compliances, and taxation for them.
With Skuad you get to have:
Ownership: You will own what you do. We are a results-driven team, which means we expect you to get things done.
Endless support: You will always be able to reach the help you may need. You will have the resources you need to deliver.
Experiment: This is your playground. You will come up with ideas of your own, pitch them and take them up. You will have a free hand to execute exciting ideas.
Impact: Be a part of a world-class team where we are constantly challenged with new things and maximise the impact of the products we build.
Skuad has raised a total of $15M in a Series A funding round. Skuad is funded by Alto Partners Multi-Family Office, BEENEXT, Anthemis, and Rohan Monga.
About the role
- Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components
- Understanding project documents, customer demands, and product objectives to create and execute test cases
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests
- Investigating customer problems referred to you by the technical support team, testing bugs, and creating and managing bug reports
- Handling technical communications and understanding the customers' systems
- Working with deployments teams, resolving level issues for systems, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs
- Noting all testing actions you have performed in daily and weekly reports
- Analyzing and disintegrating software systems and coordinating with other teams to enhance the overall design
- Researching test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes
- Managing the final quality on production release
Note: This role will be on-site at the firm’s offices in Gurgaon (this is not a remote role)
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field
- Excellent designing and programming skills
- Knowledge of programming languages and process management methodology
- Knowledge of test methodologies and their corresponding tools
- Exposure to Behaviour Driven Development and experience in programming and testing
- The ability to recognize risks and errors in an application
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- The ability to keep current with the constantly changing technology industry
- A passion for testing, development, and design
Why you should join Skuad
💵 Venture capital-backed hyper growth company
🚀 Rapid career advancement with opportunities to learn
💰 Competitive salary and Performance bonus
🏖 Paid time off, Flexi-hour policy & Wellness benefits