The work environment post-COVID has changed immensely and hence has changed the recruitment trends. Recruitment trends 2022 states that attracting and retaining talent is the top priority of all companies. With the availability of so many job openings, it has become easier for candidates to hop from one job to another. Hence, not only hiring but also retaining talent has now become challenging for companies.
Therefore, it is essential for companies to meet the recruitment trends in 2022 to make targeted hiring. Digitalization of the hiring process is something that needs to be opted for by all. According to the ManpowerGroup employment outlook survey, the IT industry had the most optimistic hiring (+42%). In contrast, banking, real estate, and insurance were followed by (+37%) hiring. Hence, the more you stay with the changing trends, the better you hire.
Recruiting trends meaning
"The shift in the ways and patterns of recruitment is called recruitment trends. A long time ago, jobs were posted on bulletin boards, recruitment companies came into existence, and now in the world wide web era, the entire recruitment process has gone online."
Thus with the changing and evolving ways to recruit employees, it has become essential for companies to keep up with the pace to do targeted recruiting.
Why you need them in 2022
Hiring trends post-COVID are way different than they were before the pandemic. Times are more uncertain now after the pandemic; hence, the recruitment trends in 2022 should also be different.
1. To keep up with the pace
Recruitment technology trends need to be changed if you want to be with the pace. Otherwise, sooner or later, you will be left behind. Ways to recruit employees must be changed with time to make targeted recruiting possible.
2. To hire the best talent
After the pandemic, the entire hiring process, from searching to onboarding, has gone online. Now, if you choose traditional ways of posting a job on bulletin boards, you will not be able to reach the best talent. As a result, your company will lose the most skilled workforce and lag.
3. To hire the right way
Post-COVID, candidates prefer applying and interviewing remotely as it saves time and money. And if in this situation, your hiring team forces them to come to the office for an interview, then they will ignore your company and move ahead with other organizations. Therefore, you must keep up with the recruitment trends in 2022 to hire the right talent in the right way.
4. To stay ahead of the competition
To stay ahead of the competition, a company must meet the recruitment trends in 2022. For high productivity and great results, you need workers that are skilled and efficient, and such people prefer a hiring process that is easy and comfortable. Therefore, you need to be updated with recruitment technology trends to be at the front.
Recruitment trends 2022
1. Remote work is the future
It is now an established fact that remote work is the future of work. Everyone prefers working from home, whether a fresher or an experienced employee. Working from home offers many advantages not only to the companies but also to its employees. For companies, it saves their maintenance and establishment costs, and for employees, it saves their travel and formal wear costs.
Hence the future of work is remote work or work from home. Remote work has improved productivity and strengthened employee-employer bonds over time. With the help of many management tools, remote work has become more accessible. It has become a dream come true; hence, remote work is the latest trend in recruitment trends in 2022.
2. Proactive recruiting
Proactive recruiting or proactive hiring is the process of engaging, sourcing, and attracting candidates before there is a job opening.
- Proactive recruiting helps you build a talent pool so that you can pick the right candidate for the job when needed.
- Proactive hiring helps you stay ahead of your hiring needs while enhancing the candidate experience.
- It saves your time, money, and morale spent in recruiting. With proactive recruiting, you can hire a higher-caliber talent for your company.
Therefore, proactive hiring is the best among the recruitment technology trends of 2022.
3. Diversity and inclusivity
A diverse and inclusive environment fosters the feeling of trust, cooperation, friendliness, and helpfulness. According to World Bank, gender inequality in earnings leads to a global loss of $23,620 per person.
- Moreover, inclusive hiring leads to the accumulation of higher-quality talents across the globe.
- The Harvard Business Review states that problems are solved faster in more diverse teams than in those composed of members from the same background.
- Diverse and Inclusive teams are more creative as with cultural and regional diversity comes diversity in thoughts.
- For a successful global venture, diverse and inclusive teams are mandatory to break the shackles of a limited talent pool.
4. Internal recruiting and hiring
When it comes to recruitment trends in 2022, internal recruiting has become a significant mention. Internal hiring is one of the best ways to recruit employees.
- It helps the companies to keep the best talent within the company, which in turn increases the attrition rate.
- It takes less time and effort to fill a position with internal hiring. Moreover, it reduces the cost of hiring, which can reach up to a considerable amount when you need to fill multiple roles.
- The candidates present in the company are already acquainted with the company culture; hence, the time wasted in adjustment becomes the time used to increase productivity.
Therefore, internal hiring is one of the best hiring trends post-COVID.
5. Candidate experience
The demand for skilled applicants is overweighing the supply; hence, job seekers are becoming more selective with the firms they want to work with. Candidate experience is essential.
- It offers better quality and more committed employees.
- It helps you build your employer brand, another major factor in quality hiring.
- A good candidate experience is like a market referral that helps in easing out and fastening the hiring process.
6. Employee benefits and well-being
Employee well-being and employee benefits are two crucial things that affect the overall hiring process. Employees now see what benefits the company is offering them before they take up a job. It is one of the significant hiring trends post-COVID that primarily impacts the recruitment process. Earlier, there were only a few firms that offered substantial wellness programs to its employees but post-COVID, there is hardly anyone left who doesn't consider these things. Hence, employee wellness is crucial for targeted recruiting.
7. Employer branding and good company cultures
A good company culture signifies a company's work ethic and environment, which is why it hugely impacts employer branding. Good employer branding plays a crucial role in the hiring.
- It helps your company to compete in the war for talent. Since the companies seeking good talent outnumber the highly skilled and relevant talent, talent gets a choice.
- Good company culture helps you retain existing employees. Moreover, these happy employees share their experiences with others and help you build a good reputation. And who wouldn't want to work with a company with a good environment?
- Employer branding helps reduce cost per hire as it brings good talent to you.
8. Work flexibility
Work flexibility is the top priority of job seekers as it helps them maintain a more outstanding work-life balance. Job seekers in 2022 intend to work with companies that offer greater work flexibility. Work flexibility increases job satisfaction and leads to better opportunities for employees. Moreover, it reduces stress which in turn leads to better health. Thus, work flexibility is the main thing that employees consider before taking a job. It is a significant part of recruitment trends in 2022.
9. Artificial intelligence
Since the recruitment process has gone online, artificial intelligence has occupied a greater space in the world of recruitment. AI plays a vital role in the entire process of hiring. From sourcing to onboarding, almost everything is done with the help of AI.
- Artificial intelligence helps in background testing of the candidates.
- Automated tests and their self-generated results have reduced human effort by almost negligible.
- Automated candidate feedback and conversations have improved candidate experience.
Thus, Artificial intelligence is an important deal in the recruitment trends of 2022.
10. Soft skills preference
Soft skills are the personality traits that strengthen and improve an individual's personality. In 2022, companies look for skilled workers with technical knowledge as well as strong soft skills.
- A study by Deloitte shows that soft skill-intensive jobs will constitute ⅔ of the total employment by 2030. It states that employees with soft skills increase the revenue by $90,000.
- Moreover, employees with soft skills drive more positive business outcomes, increasing business revenue.
Hence, soft skill preference is another significant trend in recruitment trends in 2022.
E-recruitment or online recruitment, the latest hiring trends post-COVID, is the process of hiring candidates online with the help of electronic resources. It has made way to the latest recruitment trends due to the number of advantages it offers.
|Time -saving||Minimizes hiring costs||Builds dynamic content for employer branding|
|More effective and easily accessible||Shortens the hiring process||Easier to manage|
|Helps in personalized designing||More reliable due to the availability of filtration tools.|
The recruiting trends survey by Collegiate Employment Research Institute, Michigan State University, states that COVID-19 accelerated the process of virtual recruitment. With AllRemote, you can now post your job opening and get targeted recruiting quickly. AllRemote offers you:
- The complete job posting guide and the top sites to post your jobs.
- Best places (country-wise) where you could post or seek jobs
- Hire remote talent from anywhere in the world.
12. Data-driven recruitment
In data-driven hiring, the decisions are based on the facts and data related to the previous hiring processes. The data-driven is amongst the latest recruitment trends.
- It helps you allocate your budget wisely.
- It unearths the hiring issues and helps to redefine them correctly.
- It helps you reach more objective decisions.
13. Contract-based hiring
With this recent recruitment trend, you don't always need to keep a full-time employer. You can now go for contract-based hiring if your work is project-based or one-time activity. It allows you to avoid overstaffing. The contract-based hiring process is shorter and, therefore, less time-consuming, and it also helps you have fresh perspectives and greater control over your work.