Bang Jamin- Backend Developer Online Hackathon
About this Hackathon
AllRemote is hosting Bang Jamin- Backend Developer Online Hackathon open to all developers and engineers with 3-5 years of experience from India. The goal of the hackathon is to solve challenges related to software development using NodeJS, MongoDB and hire the best backend developers for Bang Jamin.
We’re on a mission to empower developers to move from being good to being great! By participating in this challenge, you will also learn whether your commits are clean, your projects are releasable, and how well your code is hitting the mark. You can find out if something you built not just works, but works on scale.
Here are some details about the Hackathon:
📅 Date: 7th November - 19th November 2022
🕒 Duration: 60 mins
💻 Equipment Required: Laptop
If you clear the 50% cutoff, you will win an opportunity to get your profile reviewed and interview for Bang Jamin - Backend Developer role.
You can participate in multiple/other hackathons organized by AllRemote but are only eligible to win rewards and prizes for one hackathon.
About the position
About Bang Jamin
Bang Jamin is an Indonesia based vehicle insurance startup. It offers easy access to the wider community to get motor vehicle insurance through the android application named Sahabat Bang Jamin. Founded by industry experts with a combined 50+ years of experience and backed by the top fintech investors in Indonesia, they are on a mission to build a financial safety for every Indonesian.
About the role
- Read, analyze and feedback on the product specs, technical feasibility of new features/products
- Participate in the grooming and planning sessions
- Work on the JIRA items allocated by the Engineering Manager (relative priorities among requirements will be given by Product)
- Develop and improve on our existing backend system
- Develop new products and features
- Embrace and build an agile culture
- Communicate and collaborate with other stakeholders to fix bugs pre- and post-production
- Other ad-hoc duties and priorities as determined by the senior management
- 3-5 years of experience as a Backend Engineer at a leading product/technology company
- Graduation from a top engineering school locally (UI, ITB) or abroad is a plus
- Experience in Node.js and its frameworks (NestJS & TypeScript in particular) is a plus
- Familiar with Agile and Scrum model, use of JIRA and Confluence, Slack
- We use NestJS, TypeScript, Kotlin, Google Cloud, MongoDB, microservices architecture. You need to manage the existing system first and can gradually transition it to another stack if needed (e.g Java, Go etc)
- Experience leading a small and close-knitted team of engineers is a plus
- Experience coaching, training and recruiting a team of engineers is a plus
- Amazing communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Can-do, go-getter attitude and obsession for deliverables, timelines and follow-up
- Fluent in English (Read, Speak, Write, Listen)
- Willingness to put in 200% and overtime if needed to get things done
- Fast learner and self-motivated and self-starter
Why you should join Bang Jamin
- 🏡 🖥️ Remote friendly work culture
- 🚀 Rapid career advancement with opportunities to learn
- 💰 Competitive salary and Performance bonus
- 🏝👨⚕️ Paid time off & Medical insurance