Knose - Backend Developer Online Hackathon
About this Hackathon
AllRemote is hosting Knose- Backend Developer Online Hackathon open to all developers and engineers with 3-6 years of experience from Philippines. The goal of the hackathon is to solve challenges related to software development using NodeJS and hire the best NodeJS developers for Knose.
We’re on a mission to empower developers to move from being good to being great! By participating in this challenge, you will also learn whether your commits are clean, your projects are releasable, and how well your code is hitting the mark. You can find out if something you built not just works, but works on scale.
Here are some details about the Hackathon:
📅 Date: 7th November 2022 - 15th February 2023
🕒 Duration: 70 mins
💻 Equipment Required: Laptop
If you clear the 50% cutoff, you will win an opportunity to get your profile reviewed and interview for Knose - Backend Developer role.
You can participate in multiple/other hackathons organized by AllRemote but are only eligible to win rewards and prizes for one hackathon.
About the position
Knose Care is a FinTech start-up headquartered in Sydney, Australia. Their purpose is to make Australian pets the healthiest and happiest in the world.
Knose offers veterinary businesses a full-service subscription management platform that includes banking, administration, communications, stock management, delivery and reporting. In addition, clients are provided full training and an included marketing program so all the vet has to do is confirm the services they want included and get back to seeing more pets.
About the role
- Understand the current application infrastructure
- Perform product analysis and development tasks of an increasingly complex nature which may require extensive research and analysis
- Along with the CTO, design solutions to business problems articulated in the product roadmap
- Develop applications to design
- Build new and/or integrate into existing APIs
- Oversee junior engineers
- Create documentation using best practice, automated documentation applications
- Experience in Node.js with the core AWS services
- Having used ECS and Lamdas in the past is a plus
- Proficiency in at least one language from our stack
- Strong notions of security best practices (e.g. using IAM Roles, KMS, etc.)
- Experience in building and integrating to REST APIs
- Ability to troubleshoot distributed systems
- Experience with building or maintaining cloud-native applications
- Past experience with the serverless approaches using AWS Lambda is a plus. For example, the Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM)
- Intermediate to advance DevOps knowledge –AWS
- GitHub/Gitlab knowledge, repository management, issue/ticket management
- Good time management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with AngularJS, React and SQL
- WordPress experience a plus but not required
Why you should join Knose
- 🎯 Mission-driven, customer centric organisation
- 👨💻 Work on latest tech stacks that delivers business impact
- 💰 Competitive salary and Performance bonus
- 🏝👨⚕️ Paid time off & Medical insurance