XL Axiata- Data Engineer Online Hackathon
About this Hackathon
AllRemote is hosting XL Axiata Data Engineer Online Hackathon open to all developers and engineers with 1-5 years of experience from India. The goal of the hackathon is to solve challenges related to software development using Pyspark & Python and hire the best data engineers for XL Axiata.
We’re on a mission to empower developers to move from being good to being great! By participating in this challenge, you will also learn whether your commits are clean, your projects are releasable, and how well your code is hitting the mark. You can find out if something you built not just works, but works on scale.
Here are some details about the Hackathon:
📅 Date: 7th November - 30th November 2022
🕒 Duration: 75 mins
💻 Equipment Required: Laptop/Desktop
If you clear the 50% cutoff, you will win an opportunity to get your profile reviewed and interview for XL Axiata - Data Engineer role.
You can participate in multiple/other hackathons organized by AllRemote but are only eligible to win rewards and prizes for one hackathon.
About the position
About XL Axiata
PT XL Axiata Tbk (XL), previously known as PT Excelcomindo Pratama Tbk., is Indonesia's most aggressive and innovative mobile services provider. This company is a part of Axiata Group, a leading telco group which has 9 telco providers reside in 9 countries in Asia.
XL provides wireless telecommunications services, leased lines and corporate services, which include Internet Service Provider (ISP) and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services. In addition, it provides Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) network services, voice, data, third generation (3G) and other value-added cellular telecommunications services. The Company also provides services that allow its customers to purchase electronic voucher reloads at all of its centers and outlets, automated teller machines (ATM) of various major banks and through its call centers. Its subsidiaries, which are engaged in the financial sector, include Excel Phoneloan 818 B.V., GSM One (L) Limited, GSM Two (L) Limited and Excelcomindo Finance Company B.V.
About the role
- Build customer facing technology product for global customers
- Design and develop end to end applications with very high quality
- Partner with multiple Product Owners and/or teams to document business needs/requirements and associated processes
- Abstract away complex data interactions with easy-to-use APIs that will power web applications
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends and develop a deep understanding of the start-up ecosystem
- Develop a sense of ownership and the zeal to build scalable applications
- Understand the market and participate in product roadmap discussions
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Exposure with Big Data platforms such as Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark, NiFi
- Experience with stream processing engines like Kafka, pySpark, etc.
- Experience to build systems that involve batch as well as continuous data processing at scale
- Experience in parallel processing and partitioning concepts
- Strong working knowledge with SQL, shell scripting and databases like Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, hadoop/hive, kafka, Postgres, etc
- Data warehouse technologies, Data modeling and ETL development.
- Love technology and have a knack for picking the right set of tools for the job at hand
- Interested in learning Technical data analysis/ modeling using Excel/R/Power BI/SAS/STATA or similar platforms
- Experience in any programming language
- Understanding of database architecture & design patterns
- Strong concepts of Data Structures & Algorithms and a passion for coding
- Good exposure to Google Cloud Big Data technologies
Why you should join XL Axiata
- ⚓️ Stable company with a strong employer brand
- 🎯 Mission-driven, customer centric organisation
- 🧑🏫 Training and mentorship to learn from best in class talent
- 💰 Competitive salary and Performance bonus
- 🏖 Paid time off, Flexi-hour policy & Wellness benefits
- 🌱 Make a positive impact with CSR initiatives