Accounts Payable Job Description
The Accounts Payable job description will consist of the role, Accounts Payable duties and responsibilities, qualifications, and technical or soft skills required.
We are looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team as an Accounts Payable Specialist. In this role, you will play a crucial part in managing and processing all aspects of our company's accounts payable function.
As an integral member of our finance and analytical team, you will collaborate closely with various departments across the organization to ensure accurate and timely payment processing. Your main responsibilities will include reviewing invoices, reconciling vendor statements, and resolving any discrepancies. Additionally, you will have the chance to contribute to process improvement initiatives and develop strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
At our organization, we value growth and provide ample opportunities for professional development within our dynamic and fast-paced environment. As our company continues to expand, you will have the opportunity to take on more roles and responsibilities and grow your career alongside us.
Join our team and be part of a unique organization that values collaboration, innovation, and excellence in everything we do. Apply now for the Accounts Payable Specialist role at our organization!
- You will be held responsible for reviewing and verifying invoices and ensuring accuracy and completeness before processing them
- You shall track and reconcile vendor statements to ensure all payments are up-to-date and resolve any discrepancies or issues that arise
- It will be your responsibility to assist in month-end closing processes, such as preparing accruals, reconciliations, and reporting related to accounts payable
- We expect you to accurately enter invoice data into the accounting system, allocating expenses to appropriate accounts and cost centers
- Your Accounts Payable roles and responsibilities include interacting with various departments such as procurement, finance, and other stakeholders to ensure effective communication and cooperation
- You will assist in preparing payment runs, including generating checks, initiating electronic transfers, and obtaining necessary approvals
- We rely on you to maintain accurate records of accounts payable transactions, including supporting documents and correspondences
- It will be your responsibility as an Accounts Payable to maintain accurate records of all transactions, invoices, and payments for auditing purposes and financial reporting
- You shall communicate with vendors regarding payment status, respond promptly to inquiries, and resolve any payment-related concerns
- You will collaborate with internal departments to ensure proper documentation and approval processes are followed for purchases and expenses
- Your duties and responsibilities as an Accounts Payable include regularly analyzing aging reports to manage outstanding payments and ensure timely settlements
- We expect you to participate in periodic audits of accounts payable procedures, providing necessary information and addressing any findings or recommendations
- It will be your responsibility to ensure compliance with company policies, accounting standards, and legal requirements
- You must have a profound understanding of accounting principles. You should be able to analyze financial data accurately
- We expect you to have experience with accounts payable processes, including invoice processing, payment reconciliation, and vendor management
- You should possess excellent organizational skills and be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Attention to detail is critical as you will be responsible for ensuring accuracy in financial records and identifying discrepancies
- Proficiency in using various accounting software and MS Excel is necessary to perform daily tasks efficiently
- Robust communication skills are essential to collaborate with cross-functional teams and resolve any issues or queries related to accounts payable
- Problem-solving abilities are important to identify inefficiencies in the accounts payable process and recommend improvements
- We expect you to have proficiency in using accounting software and ERP systems, data entry, invoice processing, and payment systems
- You must demonstrate integrity and maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive financial information
Attention to detail, Organizational skills, Time Management, Communication skills, Problem-solving, Ethical conduct and integrity, Adaptability, Teamwork and collaboration, Software proficiency, Stress management
- Certified Accounts Payable Professional (CAPP), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Bookkeeper (CB)
- Proficiency in advanced functions of Microsoft Excel, such as VLOOKUP, pivot tables, macros, and data analysis
- Proven X years of experience working as an Accounts Payable or in a similar position
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist, Accounts Payable Supervisor, Financial Analyst, Cost Accountant, Management Accountant, Senior Finance Officer, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Salary Range (in USD)$36,728 to $56,763 per year (Talent.com)
- A high school diploma or its equivalent
- An associate's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
Controller/Chief Financial Officer (CFO)/Finance Manager/Accounting Manager/Treasury or Finance Division