Finance Manager Job Description
Finance Manager job description will consist of the role, responsibilities, qualifications and technical or soft skills required
A Finance Manager should be able to evaluate daily financial operations and then advise and direct senior management on future financial strategies. Along with overseeing year-end audits, GST reporting, and other tax-related tasks, they also have to make sure that internal controls and procedures are followed in accordance with national and IFRS standards.
- Maintain proper ledgers and make sure that overall financial accounting and reporting is accurate
- Define and monitor the company's key performance indicators (KPIs), working with other divisions to find solutions
- Do routine in-depth analyses of financial data and prepare monthly financial analysis reports for budgets, spending, and accounts payables and receivables, etc.
- Create and carry out a budgeting, forecasting, and reporting plan
- Make wise investments in assets that will yield the highest profits
- Stay updated with latest changes in accounting standards / legislation on reporting and create awareness among the team
- Prior experience in similar position
- In depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to develop, analyses and effectively interpret financial information to be able to turn data into insights that lead to driving business decisions
- Experience in using financial planning software such as Microsoft Office, SAP, Sage etc.
- Ability to manage a wide variety of stakeholders and deliver consistent results, while maintaining a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess approachable and confident personality
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Experience in handling multiple entities
Finance Director, Treasurer/ VP of Finance, Chief Financial Officer
Salary Range (in USD)$69,000 - $200,000 per year
- A Bachelor’s or Master Degree In Accounting, Finance, Economics or in an equivalent field
- Professionally qualified as CPA/CFA/ACCA or equivalent